Upper School Science Teacher
Website Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Main duties of this position are teaching multiple sections of various Science specialties to students. This position also requires actively participating with the Upper School faculty in creating a healthy school culture for students, parents, and faculty. JECA maintains a unified Math and Science department to maintain the tight integration of the two fields of study and deliberately avoids narrow specialization among faculty. Special consideration will be given to candidates with the ability to teach a broad range of courses. Please note interests and qualifications in your cover letter.
The ideal teaching candidate will be a continuous learner who embraces the ethos of the Classical, Christian model of education. Teachers are expected to exhibit consistently love, joy, peace, and spiritual maturity before students and the rest of the school. They are expected to model the virtue of a classical student by exhibiting a love for learning and reading. They are to share knowledge in order to promote student success and involve parents in the learning process. Fostering a collegial spirit and collaboration with other employees in order to maximize interdependence, strength, and cohesive partnership under the authority of the mission of the school is critically important. They must present the curriculum with efficiency and flexibility and maintain a neat, organized, clean, and stimulating classroom environment for students. They must handle most discipline problems in the classroom and instruct while utilizing the objectives, materials, priorities, and methods prescribed in the appropriate curriculum documents. An ideal candidate must reflect honestly about their shortcomings that need to be addressed.
A SUCCESSFUL JECA TEACHER WILL POSSESS:
● A Bachelor’s degree at minimum
● A clear understanding of JECA’s mission and pedagogy (previous employment in classical education appreciated but not required)
● A demonstrated competency in their field and an excellent ability to communicate (verbal and written)
● The ability to work directly with and promote interdependence on team; strong interpersonal skills
● The skills to navigate through basic computer applications for parent communication & communicate accurately and clearly with teachers, parents, and administrators
● The knowledge of the good stories of the school
● An adherence to the spirit of the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1983 as it pertains to confidential student information
ROLE MODEL STANDARDS
All employees at JECA will be Christian believers in good standing in their churches and whose fundamental beliefs are consistent with the JECA Doctrinal Statement. He/she will give evidence of trusting Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior. He/she will demonstrate a conviction that God has called them to a Christian school teaching ministry. He/she will demonstrate spiritual maturity, a teachable spirit, and have a clear conscience before God and man. JECA employees should manifest by precept and example the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a role model both in and out of school to students and as an example to parents and fellow employees in judgment, respect, and Christian living.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org