Head of School/Principal
Website Lam Christian Academy
Enjoy a 4 day work week in a conservative but active community with a low cost of living and a tremendous work life balance while providing a premier Christian education.
LAM Christian Academy
Head of School
LAM Christian Academy in Coeur d’ Alene, ID is seeking a new Head of School for the Fall 2019 academic year. LAM, founded in 1996, is a non-profit and self-supporting Christian school serving Pre-K – 5thgrades and approximately 120 students. Our new Head of School will be appointed by, and is formally accountable to, the Board of Directors. The position will oversee all aspects of school operations and will work closely with the Board on building plans for the future, growing enrollment, fundraising, fostering staff development, and expanding community outreach. This role combines education, administration, operations, strategy, communication, and executive leadership. Most importantly, our successful candidate will share our passion for making disciples and scholars. He or she must possess a heart for Christ, a mature, grounded faith, and a genuine love for students. We are looking for a leader who will foster an environment of excellence tempered with both grace and love, and who has a desire to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Head of School role to the glory of God. Prior Head of School experience in a Christian school, and an advanced degree are preferred.
Thanks to a dedicated staff, committed parents, and exceptional students, LAM has maintained a strong commitment to a rigorous academic curriculum. LAM currently operates on a self-developed curriculum, including: Singapore math, science, foreign language (Spanish and Latin), fine arts (speech, drama, music, and art), and Bible education. Students excel in public speaking and participate in a wide range of performances throughout the school year. We set our expectations higher than district and state standards, which have resulted in students with a deeper understanding of subjects and higher test scores. LAM students consistently advance to the district/regional/state levels in speech meets, math meets, and spelling bees. A before and after school program, summer camps, and Monday extra-curricular classes are also available. LAM seeks a Head of School to maintain or exceed our current level of academic achievement.
Coeur d’ Alene, ID, home to LAM Christian Academy, is a resort town on the shores of Lake Coeur d’ Alene and nestled in the mountains of North Idaho. Thirty miles east of Spokane, WA, Coeur d’ Alene boasts four distinct seasons and is regarded as a playground for outdoor enthusiasts, offering world-class snow skiing, nationally-renowned golf, hunting, and fishing. Coeur d’ Alene is an active but conservative community with an affordable cost of living, high quality of life, and excellent work/life balance.
- Supervisory leadership in a Christian school that included management of staff, workflow, budgeting, and parental interaction
- Experience in articulating curricular objectives that integrate the Christian faith and traditions into the educational model
- A Bachelor’s degree, plus significant and relevant work experience
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, active and vibrant prayer life, fellowship in a local church, a servant’s heart that is humble, transparent, and accessible
- Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited institution
- Lead the culture of the school to effectively and gracefully align with LAM’s core values and a Christ-centered school culture
- Lead the teaching faculty to academic excellence, an outstanding culture, and high job satisfaction while coordinating teacher training and development.
- Foster, develop, lead, and inspire the spiritual and academic culture at LAM in regards to student life and morale
- Actively support the Biblical role of parents in the education of their children while encouraging parent involvement to effectively support the vision, mission, and goals of the school
- Remain abreast of educational trends and evaluate technological tools for enhancing the academic offering of LAM
- Handle all HR issues
- Oversee daily operations of LAM and create, maintain, or implement necessary protocols including disciplinary, student, and family processes
- Implement short and long-term strategic plans for growth and development
- Develop and oversee all extracurricular and student programs to complement LAM’s educational experience
- Actively recruit new students and families
- Actively attract teachers of the highest quality as needed
- Build on the foundation of excellence at LAM to continue its positive reputation in the Coeur d’ Alene community
- Adhere to the LAMArticles of Incorporation and Bylaws and LAMpolicies (Board Policy Manual, Student-Family Handbook, etc.)
- Accurately maintain accounting records and internal controls to safeguard school financials and assets
- Other duties and responsibilities as detailed upon interview and defined by the Board of Directors
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com