Lux Classical Christian School
Headmaster is responsible for overseeing of Lux Classical Christian School teachers. Teachers are the most important component in a learning environment; therefore, Lux hires only the most qualified professionals to teach and oversee in our setting.
- Manage within the bounds of the Lux Statement of Faith.
- Operate within all parameters of the Lux Teacher Handbook.
- Observe and Oversee the teaching of classes at regularly scheduled times.
- Manage teachers on assignment deadlines.
- Oversee course page maintenance, including Course Assignment Sheets (CAS’s)
- Attend monthly teacher meetings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of learning technologies (Learning Management System (LMS), email, Google Suite products such as Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Communicate routinely with students’ families (primarily messaging in the chosen LMS or communications platform).
- Respond to families’ communications the same day when possible, and no later than two business days.
- Communicate with teachers a minimum of one week before classes begin to ensure course expectations are clearly conveyed.
- Communicate with teachers and/or parents as needed outside of scheduled class hours to support and answer questions.
- Manage teachers quarterly comments to keep students and families well informed of students’ progress.
- Ensure final grades are assigned and available for viewing by the close of the school year.
- Assist in making placement determinations based upon students’ competency levels.
- Maintain close management with teachers evaluation of students progress.
Job Specific Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience managing teaching staff
- An advanced degree is desirable
- Understanding one’s discipline with a strong biblical worldview
- Conversant with and supportive of the Reformed faith and classical Christian education
- Ever-increasing familiarity with and appreciation for Veritas Press curriculum
- Skilled in effective communication via messaging and phone
- Energized by interactions with students and families
- Loves children, particularly the ages being taught
- Has a servant’s heart and is relationship-minded
- Works diligently day to day under direct and indirect supervision
- Operates with a high level of professionalism, continually pursuing excellence
Requirements of All Staff:
- Use your best efforts and full capability to do the work assigned to you by the Board of Directors.
- Advise the Board of Directors if you do not understand the work, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advise the Board of Directors of any situation or obstacle that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advise the Board of Directors of any situation or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including school policies, standards, or procedures.
- Seek special consideration from the Board of Directors when unable to work at your best.
- Standing, walking and sitting for long periods of time
- Extensive typing on QWERTY style keyboard
- Extensive viewing of lighted computer monitor
- Speaking and hearing
- Reaching and bending
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Using hands to perform tasks
- Working in standard office conditions with and near electronics
- Evaluations are made in the interest of school improvement and administrative decision-making, and include observations, evaluative conversations with the headmaster, parent and student feedback, and other means of assessing performance.
- Headmaster is evaluated at least quarterly with a brief observation, in addition to an annual review in the form of a full observation. Observations are conducted by the Board of Directors or a specific designee.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com