Upper School Latin Teacher
Trinity Classical Academy seeks candidates for a full-time/part-time Latin teacher .
The Mission of Trinity Classical Academy is to offer a challenging education grounded in the Christian faith and the Classical tradition to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage.
QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS: Qualified candidates will have an authentic and mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ, in both their professional and personal life, with a calling and commitment to Christian education. Qualiﬁed candidates will possess a servant’s heart, support our school’s mission, and possess the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a tactful and professional manner, while exercising conﬁdentiality, good judgment and discernment.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION:A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related ﬁeld, with proﬁciency in Latin.
EXPERIENCE: Previous teaching experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● The ability to teach Latin classes as needed in the Logic and Rhetoric Schools (7th-11th grades), ranging from Latin I through AP Latin
● Teach the Latin language as appropriate to the curriculum
● Experience in and committed to classical pedagogy
● Excellent oral and written command of the English language
● The ability to integrate knowledge, skills, and methods across disciplines as part of a holistic education
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
● Competence in educational technology (Word processing, online management software, etc.)
● Ability to compose, proofread, and edit correspondence
● Excellent organizational skills
● Preference will be given to those that are well-read and conversant in the Western canon and have a substantial knowledge of the Trivium.
● Familiarity with classical pedagogy and Christian worldview integration.
● A strong commitment to the emphasis and philosophy of Trinity Classical Academy
● Positive support of the school’s policies and practices
● Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
● Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different, or changing requirements
● Multitasking in an environment with many distractions is a must
● Must successfully pass a background investigation
● Working Environment: indoors in a comfortable temperature-controlled classroom environment and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. Generally works in a group environment; noise level is typically low with the exception of times between class periods.
● Requires standing for long periods of time; will include frequent walking and sitting
● Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
● Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for an extended period of time, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, ﬁne and gross motor skills. Stand and walk when administering care. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to climb one ﬂight of stairs.
● Mental Demands: Ability to work well under pressure; ability to maintain a level of professionalism and calm when others are behaving inappropriately;
● Use of computer/monitor screen; projector and other classroom equipment;
● Travel: Travel will be required for local ﬁeld trips
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt Salary
WORK SCHEDULE: School Calendar: Monday – Friday, 7:20 a.m. – 2:55 p.m. or as needed beyond these hours.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. The job description may be updated or amended at the discretion of Administration from time to time.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proﬁciently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. All job requirements are subject to possible modiﬁcation to reasonably accommodate individuals with qualiﬁed disabilities.
Trinity Classical Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org