Website Lighthouse Christian Academy
About Lighthouse: Lighthouse Christian Academy is a community of more than 100 students and 18 faculty members situated on 14 acres of our host church, Safe Harbor Presbyterian, located on Kent Island on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Lighthouse offers a wonder-filled, Christ-centered preK-8 Classical education that is rooted in the pursuit of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, seeking to shape the hearts and souls of students toward human flourishing. Lighthouse provides a faculty culture where employees are engaged and appreciated and a community culture that engages families to actively partner in their child’s education.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate will be familiar with Classical Christian distinctives, having experience with or training in Classical teaching. Applicants must embody Christian virtue, demonstrating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The K-8 music teacher provides vocal, instrumental, and historical music instruction to students across a variety of musical genres. This position requires an educator who is a mature Christian who loves teaching and shepherding children. He or she should be a person who is personable, organized, and committed to providing a caring and engaging learning environment in which students’ hearts, minds, and souls are cultivated and nurtured.
● Possess a mature Christian faith, displayed in godly conduct and firm in personal convictions.
● Establish and maintain virtuous relationships with colleagues, students, and parents.
● Lead students with clear and kind authority.
● Support and promote the mission and vision of Lighthouse Christian Academy.
● Demonstrate pedagogical and organizational competence.
● Continue learning about the Classical Christian tradition and their own teaching field.
● Training students to use their voices in praise to the Lord (K – 8th) through the Kodaly Method as well as supplementing techniques from other methods such as Dalcroze
● educate students about the fundamental concepts of music theory such as rhythm, melody, pitch, timbre and tempo.
● Teaching music theory and appreciation
● Teaching 6th-8th Keyboard skills
● Teaching 3rd-5th Recorder skills
● Orchestrating annual Christmas and Spring Concerts
● Pursuing professional development to continually grow in the art of teaching
● Optional: Directing an annual spring theatrical production (5th-8th)
● Shepherd students’ hearts and minds by providing Biblical, gospel-filled instruction, correction, and encouragement.
● Maintain an orderly classroom environment by implementing Love and Logic.
● Monitor and evaluate students’ participation and progress and communicate that with parents through written report cards, emails, and conversations as needed.
● Participate in faculty meetings and in the overall life and community of the school.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Music, from an accredited college or university.
Time Required: Part time (16-24 hours), ten months with standard school breaks during the school year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org