If the Lord reveals the need to you, He may be calling you to start a school.If you’re like most, you’re a parent or just someone who found the passion that ignites around classical Christian education. From what you understand, you love it. But there’s no viable option in your area. Homeschooling has its limitations. You have the opportunity to work in the kingdom– not just for your children, but for generations. If you choose to walk this road, we’ll help.
ACCS Startup AssistanceIf you’ve looked around and cannot find a suitable classical Christian school near you, it may be your calling to start one. Our movement is composed of over 200 schools that started just this way. Why go it alone? The ACCS provides a package of assistance that will start a school off on the right foot, and have it up and running within a year or two– sooner if need be. Here are some tips.
- Post your interest in our Forum below so that others in your area can find you.
- Find 2-3 other families that are dedicated to starting a classical Christian school with you. Often, these are from your church or other Christian gatherings in your community. You can use our web resources at ClassicalDifference.com to guide your friends into an understanding of the model.
- Setup a weekly or monthly “pray and planning” time to get together and read about classical Christian education with these “startup” families.
- Pull together about $500. This will help cover the initial costs to incorporate in your state (this may vary widely), get a federal tax ID number, and you can put $150 toward an ACCS Startup Kit.
- Proceed to the ACCS MRC (if you bought the ACCS Startup Package) for initial document templates (like your bylaws, articles of incorporation, parent/student handbooks), forms (admissions, report cards, etc.), and a 1-year startup guide that will point you to the many resources we have available.
- Raise an additional $1000 to file IRS form 1023 if you want to accept tax deductible donations. When you need to raise money from friends and family for startup costs, this can be very helpful. The actual IRS fee is normally $850, plus what you may wish to pay to have someone help with the paperwork.
Order A Start-Up PackageThe ACCS has long offered it’s Startup Notebook which contains much of the information helpful to start a school. In 2017, we combined the notebook with 1 year of membership in the ACCS. This allows a new school to access our expansive resources within the MRC.
- Price: $150
- Eligibility: This offer is available only to first-time members with fewer than 100 students. Your organization must otherwise meet ACCS Membership Requirements. If the organization has not yet formed, the spokesperson for the future organization must agree to our statement of faith and confirm that the future organization will be a private classical Christian school.
- Included in the price is
- One Startup Notebook and
- One full year of membership, plus the remainder of the current year.
- Each new membership comes with a membership kit that includes a plaque and other materials.
- A Q&A session (3o minutes) with Harold Naylor, a consultant to new schools.
- Access to the Member Resource Center (MRC) which contains hundreds of sample documents and forms, access to all (available) past conference talks, a variety of written resources, and much more. It also contains a step-by-step startup tool for schools.
- You can choose to subscribe your parents to The Classical Difference. Parents at ACCS Member Schools can receive this quarterly magazine in their mailboxes for free if you sign up for this service. (Separate charges apply for additional copies).
- To purchase, buy this item from our store Startup Package.