Upper School Humanities/Logic Teacher
Website Redeemer Classical Academy
Redeemer Classical Academy is a classical school in Murfreesboro, TN. We are a supportive, rewarding, and engaging Classical school whose mission is to mentor young people toward virtue as learners, leaders, and agents of redemption for God’s glory.
About the Position
Part-Time Humanities Instructor, 6th-8th Grades
A passion for words and for Christ – the Word – along with a patient, unrelenting love for young people navigating the gloriously awkward joys and trials of middle school are essential for this instructional position. Through a strong background in literature, stellar oral and written communication skills, and first-rate analytical and logical reasoning, the instructor will cultivate in students’ hearts a genuine love for Truth, goodness, and beauty and will encourage their growth in the Faith. Current courses include a grammar class that emphasizes the ordered structure and mechanics of language, an informal logic class that explores how language shapes reality, and a literature course that examines great works associated with the medieval period. The instructional position has potential to expand to full-time for the 2024-25 school year when it could include a 10th grade formal logic class and/or additional 7th-12th grade literature classes.
– Develop and implement educational plans and curriculum for students grades 6th-8th grade (3 instructional periods, 1 planning period per day)
– Manage student behavior and create a positive learning environment
– Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and education administration to support student success
– Provide tutoring and additional support to students as needed
– Humanities, Language Arts, Literature
– Previous experience working with children
– Familiarity with behavior management techniques and strategies
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the individual needs of students
– Knowledge of educational standards and best practices, familiarity with behavior management techniques and strategies
Requirements: Minimum, Bachelors Degree in a related field
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Full-Time $32,500.00 – $55,681.00 per year (adjusted for part-time position)
Benefits: Paid time off; Professional development assistance; Tuition discount for the employee’s children
Grade levels: 6th-8th Grades
Schedule: 4 hour shift, Monday to Friday (7:30am-11:40am)
- 6th Grammar
- This class uses Shurley Grammar, level 7, to cement students’ understanding of how words function in sentences, the basic types of sentence structure in the English language, and how sentence structure can communicate meaning.
- 8th Informal Logic
- Using The Art of Argument as the primary text, this class examines common invitations to poor reasoning and how language is used in media, advertising, and everyday conversation to influence our actions. Examining poor reasoning serves as a foundation for students to understand the elements of sound reasoning.
- 7th/8th Omnibus II Church Fathers through the Reformation, Secondary Readings
- This class explores the themes and worldview of great works associated with the medieval period. Students read and discuss works written during the era of Christendom, such as Beowulf, The Song of Roland, and Dante’s Inferno, as well as those with strong associations with the time period, like Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com