Upper School Literacy and Learning Lead/Librarian
Job Title*: Literacy and Learning Lead – Upper School
Position Type: (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Dean of Literacy and Learning
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Pay Range: $60,000 – $75,000 Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Professional Development
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself into something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our Library team! This individual supports the mission of Bear Creek through serving the students and teachers of Bear Creek. The Upper School Literacy and Learning Lead is responsible for working with the Upper School faculty to promote a student culture of lifelong reading enjoyment and to teach Information Literacy skills.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool – grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You can support the mission of Bear Creek through leading the library environment and having an impact on the lives of students.
We are seeking an individual who…
· Executes library vision and strategies for literacy and innovative pedagogy and collaborate with leadership on modifications to this plan
· In collaboration with teachers, designs unit-based information literacy instruction aligned with the curriculum
· Oversees the library assistants to maintain the library collection, including reviewing, ordering, cataloging, processing new materials, weeding out and repairing books
· Oversees maintenance of electronic resources, databases, catalogs, and other library tools
· Oversees library assistants to help carry out day-to-day operations
· Manages partnership with Reading Renaissance and builds curriculum to use AR
· Collaborates with the Innovation faculty liaison for curriculum
· Co-hosts maker session in partnership with the LS Literacy and Learning Lead
· Develops and hosts student advisory panel, student blog/vlog/news club
· Schedule events that encourage students to enjoy both reading and research, author visits and book fairs
The successful individual in this position will:
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Take initiative
· Can execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
Required Experience and Education.
· Either a Library Media teaching endorsement or a Masters of Library (and Information) Science preferred
· Teaching experience preferred
· Have a vision for integrating information literacy and technology throughout the school curriculum
· Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
It’s more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
· Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
· Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
· Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
· Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
· Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
· Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
· Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
· Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
· Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
· Able to shelve and read books on low shelves
· Fine motor skills necessary for processing and repairing books
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org