ACCS is Hiring for an Experienced Editor and Publisher
We are looking for an experienced editor and publisher for The Classical Difference, the communications and publicity arm of the ACCS.
- Support and affirm the ACCS mission and statement of faith
- Experience with classical Christian schools or classical Christian education
- A passion for spreading the message about classical Christian education
- Ability to articulate the vision of classical Christian education to, and on behalf of, various audiences (such as heads of school, administration, board members, teachers, volunteers, parents, grandparents, students, and donors)
- Detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and self-driven.
- Experience within non-profit structures and funding models
- Receive and provide direction and feedback in a positive manner
- Based on previous management experience, oversee a small team of writers, editors, and technologists
- Oversee production of quarterly print magazine and quarterly print journal, create and implement strategy for messaging and content, and realize overall appropriateness and effectiveness of reach
- Edit, analyze, solicit, and generate content that reaches our core audience and goals in all print publications
- Oversee production of brochures, hand-outs, papers, articles, books, book series, and other print publications for use by the ACCS and our member schools
- Oversee marketing of materials produced by the ACCS
- Craft and execute the social media strategy for the ACCS
- Manage and maintain the content and content strategy of com, the website for The Classical Difference(includes the blog and online resources for the print magazine)
- Create and oversee creation of digital content on all platforms, and monitor all content and interactions
- Provide insight into new applications and social trends and monitor, compile, and act on analytics data
- Create and maintain production calendar
- Work with publishers, advertisers, PR firms, hosting and content providers, designers, printers, writers and other outside organizations and individuals in performance of duties
Background and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Preferred 3-7 years experience in:
- journalism, preferably in an editorial capacity, marketing, or communications as a team lead or manager
- – OR –
- digital communication, marketing strategy, and content creation and editing, including the web, blogs, FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Experience creating, managing, and producing print publications and book publishing
- Experience managing digital marketing platforms, designing and implementing effective strategies to meet targeted goals, and creating and integrating content on all platforms listed above.
- Proven ability and natural drive to meet deadlines
- Expert editorial and journalistic writing skills; ability to write clearly and edit quickly and on demand to specific and varied audiences
- Experience in management preferred
- WordPress experience preferred
This position is full-time with benefits, on-site in Eagle, Idaho (15 minutes from downtown Boise, Idaho).
To apply, email your resume, along with a cover letter, to [email protected].