Head of School, Armis Dei Academy
Website ARMIS DEI CLASSICAL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Head of School Job Description
Armis Dei Classical Academy
Armis Dei, a Christian, Classical, and Collaborative school founded in 2021, is seeking a full-time Head of School who will also teach in the Logic school. Our goal is to partner with parents to mature students to love all of God’s truth so that they might live with courage in the world for His glory.
Armis Dei currently serves grades 4K to 6th with 45 students who are taught by 5 staff members and several volunteers. We plan to add an additional grade each year through 12th grade. As a collaborative school, our Grammar school students meet at the school on Mondays and Wednesday and on Tuesday and Thursdays are at home under the parent/co-teachers. We have been blessed by Pine Grove Community Church and the use of their building with plenty of space to grow our school.
As we’ve considered the kind of candidate we’re hoping God’s provides, in addition to the responsibilities that come with the overall leadership of Armis Dei, we’re praying that God would send:
- A godly and good man. A man with a record of loyal love of our Lord, a man sincere in his faith and striving for godliness such that his character is something akin to what’s described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and a man who is used by the Lord to impact others in healthy and helpful ways. A helpful metaphor for a godly and good man would be a shepherd.
- A loving and active church member. We’re praying for a man who has a record of love and faithfulness in a local church. He may or may not have been an elder or deacon, but he could be. Others in his life would have plenty of anecdotes of his teaching, regular and active attendance, giving of his time to listen and provide counsel, lingering after church to fellowship with the saints, willingness to serve in many visible and less visible and more menial ways, consistent tithing/giving, prayer, etc.
- A man of the house. Though no husband or father is good (Mark 10:18), we’re seeking a man who loves his wife, is attentive to her and her needs, and has been helpful to her growth in Christ (and she’s helped him be a better man), and a man whose children respect him and love him because he’s loved and disciplined and led them by God’s grace.
- Invested in classical education. Our expectation regarding experience in classical education would be at base a record of active investment in his own growth and skills in classical education. Experience in a Christian and Classical school would be a helpful bonus, but short of that, we’re praying for someone who’s been active in classical education in homeschooling, taking courses or training in classical education, and who shows an active interest in all things related to Classical Education.
- Leadership. Our position is one of overall responsibility and so authority over teachers, staff, students, and direction of the school and so he will need God-given leadership ability and a record of leadership in his life. This leadership experience may or may not have been in a Christian and Classical school, instead, it may be at his workplace, church, home, or various other settings. But, he’ll need to be a godly leader who shepherds the people who are part of Armis Dei towards future health and goodness.
We believe our school, Armis Dei, offers a unique opportunity because of the newness of work that offers the right candidate the ability to shape our future while being paired with a committed and eager team of good men and women, a growing reputation for providing an excellent Christian education, healthy funding, great facilities with room to grow, healthy local churches, and a very beautiful northwoods, lake-country Wisconsin setting that still embraces something of what has been lost of our Western-Christian heritage.
Interested applicants should submit a resume or SV to Pastor Jeremy Vander Galien at [email protected] We’ll take care to hold all applications in confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com