Early Childhood Teacher in Denver
Website Augustine Classical Academy
Augustine Classical Academy (ACA), by partnering with families, exists to provide an education that is both classical and Christian; to equip students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful; and to challenge them to strive for excellence as they live for the glory of God and for the good of all people.
General Position Description
The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for supporting and delivering the curriculum and aiding the management of day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual development to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where individual children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum consistent with the philosophy of Augustine Classical Academy by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth.
- Observe and assess individual children and plan activities in response to their stage of growth and development.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Resolve parental concerns.
- Ensure all preschool policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise and guide teaching assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan in PDIS and with school to ensure continuous quality improvement. Attend staff meetings and at least fifteen hours of training each year.
- Post a daily schedule and submit monthly lesson plans to the Preschool Director or Curriculum Coordinator. Notify the Preschool Director of needed materials, supplies or repairs.
- Coordinate with the Preschool Director to ensure shared spaces are used with consideration for the needs of others.
- Maintain order within the classroom and follow policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Participate in special events throughout the year. Serve in other duties as identified by the Preschool Director and Head of School.
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
- A love for children and a desire to do what is best for them.
Professional preschool or pre-K experience preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and takes initiative.
- Movement involves stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching on a frequent basis and substantial standing and walking, and moderate sitting.
- Supervise children by sight and sound.
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR, First Aid Certification, Standard Precautions.
- Must clear a full background check and pass health screening.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Candidates must meet or surpass the Early Childhood Teacher requirements through the Colorado Department of Human Services as outlined in the Colorado Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology; or
- Bachelor’s degree with a major area of study in any area other than those listed above. Must have two (2) three semester-hour Early Childhood Education courses with one course being either Introduction to Early Childhood Education or Guidance Strategies.
PDIS Credential Level III preferred.
- Working Hours: TBD
- $38,000-$44,000, depending on experience and qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org