Elementary Grades Teacher in Denver - Full Time
Website Augustine Classical Academy
Equipping students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful for the glory of God and the good of all people.
Augustine Classical Academy Mission
Augustine Classical Academy (ACA), by partnering with families, exists to provide an education that is both classical and Christian; to equip students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful; and to challenge them to strive for excellence as they live for the glory of God and for the good of all people.
The Elementary Grades Teacher of Augustine Classical Academy works collaboratively to build a relational and welcoming environment for staff, parents, and children. The Teacher oversees the high quality, integrated, investigative, teacher-directed, and child-focused curriculum using the guiding principles of the school’s mission and the school’s curriculum.
This Position Reports to the Head of School.
- Provides instruction in elementary grade subjects:
- Provide teaching instruction
- Grade and return all student work within one (1) week of its original submission
- Maintain up-to-date quarterly lesson plans, or semester lesson plans, as required by the academic dean
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom at all times
- Participate in various weekly non-academic duties as assigned by the Head of School, e.g., morning drop-off, afternoon pick-up, lunch monitoring, recess monitoring, etc.
- Participate in regular (monthly, unless otherwise specified) teacher-curriculum meetings as specified by curriculum director or head of school, by providing 1st grade feedback to administration
- Supports the school’s teaching and administrative teams:
- Model school values and desired culture
- Lead by example
- Cultivate a solutions-oriented outlook, a mentality of action rather than reaction, a balance of excellence and grace, and a demeanor that is glorifying to God
- Maintain visibility in the workforce
- Cultivate camaraderie and team-building
- Partners with families:
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in special events throughout the year
- Respond to parent communications in a timely manner
- Resolve parental concerns
- Greet each parent by name
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
- A love for children and a desire to do what is best for them.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and takes initiative.
- Movement involving stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching and substantial standing and walking and sitting.
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone.
- A strong understanding of child development.
Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR, First Aid Certification, Standard Precautions.
- Must clear full background check and pass health screening.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years classroom teaching experience preferred
Employment Type: Full Time
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM; One Friday per month 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Salary: $31,000 – $38,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Medical, time off benefits
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org