Elementary Grades Teacher
Website Augustine Classical Academy
ACA exists to help students know, love, and practice what is true, good, and beautiful for the glory of God and the good of all people.
Provides instruction in elementary grade subjects
● Provide teaching instruction
● Grade and return all student work within one (1) week of its original submission
● Maintain up-to-date quarterly lesson plans, or semester lesson plans, as required by the academic dean
● Maintain a clean and orderly classroom at all times
● Participate in various weekly non-academic duties as assigned by the Grammar School Principal, e.g., morning drop-off, afternoon pick-up, lunch monitoring, recess monitoring, etc.
● Participate in regular (monthly, unless otherwise specified) teacher-curriculum meetings as specified by curriculum director or head of school, by providing 1st grade feedback to administration
Supports the school’s teaching and administrative teams
● Model school values and desired culture
● Lead by example
● Cultivate a solutions-oriented outlook, a mentality of action rather than reaction, a balance of excellence and grace, and a demeanor that is glorifying to God
● Maintain visibility in the workforce
● Cultivate camaraderie and team-building
Partners with families
● Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences
● Participate in special events throughout the year
● Respond to parent communications in a timely manner
● Resolve parental concerns
● Greet each parent by name
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
● A love for children and a desire to do what is best for them.
● Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
● High energy and takes initiative.
● Movement involving stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching and substantial standing and walking and sitting.
● The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone.
● A strong understanding of child development.
● Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
● Infant/child CPR, First Aid Certification, Standard Precautions.
● Must clear full background check and pass health screening.
Educational and Experience Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum 3 years classroom teaching experience preferred
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM; One Friday per month 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Medical, time off benefits, tuition discounts for enrolled students at ACA
$31,000 – $38,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Find more information and application instructions on the school’s employment page here: https://www.augustineclassical.org/employment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com