High School Math Teacher
Website Augustine Classical Academy
ACA partners with parents to help students to know, love, and practice what is true, good, and beautiful for the glory of God and the good of all people.
● Provide math instruction in one or more of the following areas: pre-algebra, algebra 1, algebra 2, geometry, pre-calculus, and calculus, with preference toward the upper-level courses.
● Divide lesson time effectively between effective lectures and demonstrations, and allow sufficient time for in-class drills and homework assignments.
● Provide additional strategies and resources for struggling students; provide additional resources for gifted students.
● Work effectively with direction from the Academic Dean, Curriculum Director, and/or department heads; contribute to the research and development of potential honors and AP math courses.
● Maintain discipline, order, and joy in the classroom at all times.
● Maintain up-to-date quarterly plans or lesson plans, as directed by the Academic Dean or department head.
● Grade and return all student work within one week of its original submission.
● Maintain a clean and orderly classroom at all times.
● Participate in various weekly non-academic duties as assigned by the Head of School.
● Participate in ACA’s Master Teacher Development program or other required staff development; attend all weekly and monthly staff development meetings.
● Participate in all relevant staff discussions, contributing opinions as appropriate, and submitting willingly to any annual or mid-year changes as identified by ACA administration.
● Lead by example; model school values and desired culture; maintain visibility in the workforce.
● Participate in special events throughout the year; serve in other duties as identified by the Head of School.
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
● A love for families and a desire to serve them through excellent work and communication.
● Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
● High energy and regular initiative.
● Supervision of children by sight and sound.
● The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone
● Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
● Must clear full background check.
Educational and Experience Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree with major area of study in related field; or other Bachelor’s degree.
● 1-3 years experience work in related field preferred.
● Part Time
● $7500 – $42,000 depending on experience and qualifications, and course load
● Medical, time off benefits, tuition discounts for teachers with enrolled ACA students
To learn more and see application materials, please visit the school’s employment page here: https://www.augustineclassical.org/employment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com