Latin Teacher in Denver - Full Time
Website Augustine Classical Academy
Equipping students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful for the glory of God and the good of all people.
Augustine Classical Academy Description
Augustine Classical Academy (ACA), by partnering with families, exists to provide an education that is both classical and Christian; to equip students to know, love, and practice what is true, virtuous, and beautiful; and to challenge them to strive for excellence as they live for the glory of God and for the good of all people.
General Position Description
The Latin Teacher provides teaching Latin courses to elementary, junior high, and high school grades. The Teacher has a high level of interest, knowledge, and experience in relevant subjects, and communicates that knowledge effectively at a high level. The Instructor has a clear understanding of Latin grade-level standards and communicates the content of each subject effectively based on its incremental nature. The Instructor is neat, organized, detail-oriented, and adheres to deadlines. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
This Position Reports to the Academic Dean or Department Head.
- Provides instruction in Latin subjects:
- Provide general Latin teaching instruction for a single teaching section for all Latin courses
- Grade and return all student work within one (1) week of its original submission
- Maintain up-to-date quarterly lesson plans, or semester lesson plans, as required by the academic dean
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom at all times
- Participate in various weekly non-academic duties as assigned by the
- Head of School, e.g., morning drop-off, afternoon pick-up, lunch monitoring, recess monitoring, etc.
- Participate in regular (monthly, unless otherwise specified) teacher-curriculum meetings as specified by curriculum director or head of school, by providing Latin courses feedback to administration
- Supports the school’s teaching and administrative teams:
- Model school values and desired culture
- Lead by example
- Cultivate a solutions-oriented outlook, a mentality of action rather than reaction, a balance of excellence and grace, and a demeanor that is glorifying to God
- Maintain visibility in the workforce
- Cultivate camaraderie and team-building
- Partners with families:
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in special events throughout the year
- Respond to parent communications in a timely manner
- Resolve parental concerns
- Greet each parent by name
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills Required
- A love for families and a desire to serve them through excellent work and communication.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and regular initiative.
- Supervision of children by sight and sound.
- The ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and alone
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with major area of study in related field; or other Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years experience work in related field preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $30,000 – $45,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Medical, time off benefits
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org