6th Grade Humanities Teacher
Website Austin Classical School
Austin Classical School is a classical, Christian, collaborative school that currently serves families with Pre-K through 11th grade students. Students are on-campus two to four days per week being taught by professional educators, and on remaining weekdays, they are at home completing assigned schoolwork under the guidance of their co-teaching parent.
ACS is seeking a 6th Grade Homeroom Teacher for humanities. This position requires the teacher to be on campus on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We are looking for a 6th Grade teacher who:
● Loves and serves God wholeheartedly;
● Truly enjoys teaching and engaging with middle school students;
● Desires to partner with co-teaching parents in educating students;
● Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills;
● Has a deep passion for the truth, goodness and beauty within the scope of a liberal arts education;
● Desires to teach using a classical approach in a Christian setting;
● Is willing to continue to learn and grow as a professional;
● Joyfully affirms our Statement of Faith;
● Possesses a bachelor’s degree and relevant teaching experience.
● Teach a 6th grade humanities class, which includes history, literature & composition. There are two sections of 6th grade so subjects are taught twice in a school day. Hours are 7:45a-4:00p on M/W/Th.
● Develop lesson plans for both on-campus and homeschool days.
● Create a joyful, grace-filled environment where students enjoy learning together.
● Engage students in age-appropriate classical instruction.
● Assess students both formally and informally and reflect results in their quarterly grade reports and periodic conduct reports.
● Communicate consistently, truthfully and graciously with co-teaching parents.
● Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom, taking care of curricula and equipment belonging to ACS.
● Encourage students to uphold the school-wide READ expectations with regards to classroom behavior.
● Perform other duties as directed by the Head of School.
On-Campus Time Requirements:
● Summer faculty training days will be held: July 11, and August 2-4. Meetings with parents and students will be held the week of August 7.
● On-campus instructional days for 5th-8th grade students are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through the calendar school year (August 14, 2023-May 22, 2024).
● Monthly faculty meetings are held one Friday of each month from 9a-12p.
● For more information, reference the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar on the ACS website.
Salary for the position ranges between $28,000-$30,000, depending upon relevant experience. Teachers are paid monthly August-May.
If you are interested in joining the ACS Team, please send your resume and cover letter to Liz Brown at [email protected]. Thank you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org