Website Capitol Hill Christian Academy
Capitol Hill Christian Academy (CHCA) is a full-time, Christian, classical K-12 school where we teach core foundational skills to our students, partnering with families and churches to provide an excellent education to nurture wise, virtuous, and skilled students. The school will focus on academic excellence and virtue, teaching children how to steward all of their skills and gifts in service to God and others. CHCA started classes in Fall 2023 with kindergarten and is planning to expand a grade each year. We are looking for an experienced teacher with the ability to teach language arts, mathematics, science, history, music, art, and Bible courses. The teaching role is a key position at CHCA and the job description encompasses four main areas of responsibility, including: (1) classical model instruction, (2) classroom management, (3) designated school wide responsibilities, and (4) professional excellence. This position requires a mature Christian, having a calling from God to teach in a Christian and classical school.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree, priority consideration will be given to candidates who have relevant subject matter expertise or a background in child development, can demonstrate mastery of content, has experience teaching the above courses in an elementary classroom setting, and can effectively communicate and differentiate lessons to meet individual student needs.
- Be aligned with CHCA’s mission to serve students in their spiritual formation and academic development and demonstrate a high level of personal maturity, propensity for leadership, a high standard of excellence, and the ability to be a proactive and self-directed problem solver.
- Be eager to work on a team to plan instruction and other student experiences such as plays, field trips, and other activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents, manage a classroom, point students to Christ, and work within a team and in a start-up environment.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Affirm CHCA’s doctrinal statement, maintain church membership in good standing or faithfully serving in a church whose statement of faith is consistent with CHCA’s, and be able to provide 3 letters of reference (including one from your church).
- Able to integrate the Christian worldview and Biblical truths into daily conversations, classwork, and interactions. CHCA is a full-time school that will have classes Monday through Friday, 9am-3pm, from September to June. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
- The ideal candidate will:
- Has a strong passion for Christian discipleship and spiritual formation. Has some experience or understanding of teaching in a Christian classical school; understands classical liberal arts education as it applies to grammar school instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his/her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the rich practices of a Christian, liberal arts education. Develops and maintains a classroom atmosphere that inspires learning and that is in line with the classical Christian vision.
- Curriculum implementation: Use approved materials, curriculum, goals, and objectives within the school’s scope and sequence to present lessons. Plan and guide all instructional support activities.
- Demonstrates appropriate planning and preparation for instruction. Appropriately carries out specific assignments, including but not limited to record-keeping, designated school wide responsibilities, and appropriate communication.
- Upholds professional standards of personal presentation, integrity, flexibility, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion. Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Cooperation with administration: Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school, careful to give a unified opinion regarding such matters. Perform all duties with diligence as assigned or needed by administration. Be feedback and input-driven with a strong growth mindset.
- Upholding Standards: Sets and supports appropriately challenging standards for student academic growth and grades student work consistently with these standards. Also sets and consistently enforces appropriate standards for student behavior, including etiquette, academic habits, and student social interactions.
- Enthusiasm: Displays high levels of enthusiasm for teaching and learning in a classical Christian school and for the content of our studies, striving to engender similar enthusiasm in all students in one’s care.
- Commitment to Colleagues: Demonstrates through words and deeds collegiality and unity with faculty and staff and a strong commitment to building up fellow teachers and administrators. Handles last minute emergencies and unexpected occurrences with professionalism.
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate well with parents, students, donors, and others and work within a team and in a start-up environment.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines; strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
Strong attention to detail and high standard of excellence, accuracy, and discretion.
- Familiarity with office tools and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines).
- Interested applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com