Website Capstone Classical Academy
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: 12-month, full-time, exempt
SUPERVISES: Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Parent Volunteers and Sponsors of Sports and After-School Academic and Arts Clubs
The Athletic Director serves on Capstone’s leadership team and is responsible for leading all aspects of K-12 athletic programming and after-school clubs academic and arts clubs in support of the academy’s mission to cultivate wisdom and virtue and to pursue what is good, true, and beautiful from a biblical worldview.
- Pray for the Headmaster to faithfully execute his calling in the ministry of Capstone Classical Academy.
- Pray for Capstone Classical Academy’s board, leadership team, faculty, staff, and families.
- Represent Capstone Classical Academy’s mission, and most importantly, Jesus Christ, by submitting to the Holy Spirit in interactions with colleagues and families to the glory of God.
- Assist the Headmaster with tasks as needed and directed to help him to serve families, faculty, and staff with excellence.
- Contribute to the refinement of the classical and Christian vision, traditions, structures, and policies of Capstone in its early years of development.
- Provide helpful observations and critique to the Headmaster for the purpose of helping him to improve Capstone’s service to its families, faculty, and staff, and to help him to support co-curricular programs with excellence.
Strategic Planning and Program Development
- Foster the development of athletes and an athletic culture in the grammar school through after-school programs that build camaraderie, skill, and teamwork in sports that will be offered in grades 7-12.
- Create, execute, and revise strategic plans, including personnel, equipment, facilities, and funding projections and acquisition for the development of the athletic and after-school academic and arts programs.
- Design and execute plans for implementation of an excellent high school athletics program as members of the NDHSAA.
- Coordinate scheduling of all practices, contests, and program meetings
- Coordinate scheduling for usage of gyms, fields, and off-site facilities for practices, games, activities, and performances
- Coordinate all officiating requirements
- Arrange and schedule for a certified athletic trainer to be at home events
- Coordinate transportation for away games
- Schedule employee supervision of all practices, contests, performances, and activities
Personnel Selection and Supervision
- Direct and supervise the assistant athletic director, assistant to the athletic director, volunteers and sponsors of clubs, teams, and after-school programs.
- Interview and select coaches using a hiring committee comprised of yourself, the Headmaster, an existing assistant athletic person or a veteran coach
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate all coaches based upon their fidelity and excellence in fulfilling the mission of Capstone Classical Academy
- Ensure that all programs are in compliance with state law, league, and NDHSAA regulations.
- Organize and conduct mandatory coaches meetings.
- Prepare and administer the athletic budget in coordination with the Director of Finance and Development’s office.
- Work with Head of School, Director of Finance and Development, and select committees to raise funds for improvements and expansions of programs, facilities, and equipment.
- Oversee establishment and collection of athletic fees.
- Plan and direct additional sources of revenue for athletics and after-school academics and arts in coordination with other departments.
- Oversee appearance, maintenance and safety of athletic facilities in coordination with Operations Officer.
- Coordinate game day set-up and tear down of facilities.
Coordinate the ordering, set up, and serving for all concession stands.
- Coordinate the selling of admission “tickets” to high school home games.
- Ensure a safe learning/competing environment of gyms, fields and equipment.
- Schedule employee supervision of all practices, contests, performances, and activities.
- Organize and maintain the inventory of all athletic equipment and storage areas.
- Order necessary equipment for all sports.
- Authorize purchase orders submitted by coaches, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Coordinate first aid kits and supplies.
- Attend league, conference, and state meetings.
- With the Marketing and Communications Director, ensure the Capstone website is updated regularly with scheduling, results, directions, and schedule changes.
- Keep administration and faculty/staff informed of student involvement through rosters
and departure times for games.
- Work in conjunction with the Deans and Headmaster in the enforcement of academic and behavioral eligibility.
- Provide information for all school publications.
Banquets and Boosters
- Schedule and provide oversight for all athletic banquets.
- Partner with the Sports Boosters and Parent Fellowship to enhance programs.
- Attend all Boosters meetings.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org