School Office Manager
Website Caritas Christian Classical Academy
School Office Manager
School Year: For Immediate Start in 2023-24
Purpose: The primary purpose of the School Office Manager is to lead the implementation and execution of strategic initiatives and new operational systems and procedures as established by school leadership. Once successfully implemented, the Office Manager will manage the non-academic operations of the school office, primarily the maintenance and monitoring of new operational systems and procedures, coordinating and leading necessary training, and assisting with necessary modifications and adjustments as directed by the Director of Administration. This position is vital to the operational success and sustainability of Caritas Academy.
Position Hours: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Administration
Caritas Academy Administrator Profile:
This description is not intended to be a complete delineation of all the possible responsibilities of a Caritas Administrator. Rather, it is a general description of the general responsibilities an administrator will be required to perform and be evaluated upon. The role requires an entrepreneurial approach towards meeting the needs of the school with an emphasis on ensuring a sustainable infrastructure for school operations. The School Office Manager will work closely with the Director of Administration to implement, execute, and launch various operational systems to support the school.
- Consistently exhibit spiritual maturity and be a role model of Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue, both on the school campus and in your personal life.
- Demonstrate the love of Christ in all relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that your life example continually demonstrates how your Christian faith integrates with your professional experience and all other aspects of your life.
- Required to have prompt, regular attendance on campus during school hours and as needed for special events and school functions.
Serves as secondary decision-maker in the absence of Head of School and Director of Administration.
- Assist the Director of Administration with forecasting the operational needs of the school.
- Serves as liaison between parents and community members and Caritas Admin Office.
- Provide timely communication to Caritas Leadership regarding day-to-day school operations.
- Lead the implementation of various school operational systems and procedures. This includes understanding the strategic objectives and vision, managing all logistical details, and ensuring adequate communication and training for staff and school parents. Examples include the School’s hot lunch program, SIS platform implementation, documenting and implementing operational policies, procedures and processes.
Inventory Management & Purchasing
- Develop, implement and manage the process for purchasing for all classroom supplies, administrative office supplies, equipment, and instructional materials.
- Develop, implement and manage the process for inventory management for the school and conducts regularly scheduled inventory.
- Requisitions, receives, accounts for and distributes school supplies, classroom and instructional materials.
- Coordinates activities of parent volunteers; including volunteer recruitment, training and assigning tasks. Maintains current list of approved volunteers.
- Manages volunteer onboarding, including conducting all volunteer screenings and orientation.
Event Planning & Coordination
- Plan and coordinate logistics for school events and activities, such as school pictures, concerts, fundraising events, and other school functions.
- Coordinates beginning and end-of-year school activities.
Student Health & Safety
- Serve as lead member of the Emergency Response Team and act as the liaison with the Safety & Security Specialist.
- Manage school safety processes and compliance, including administering training, coordinating drills and safety audits.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for administering first aid and medication to students.
Technology, Systems & Data Management
- Lead the implementation of the school’s SIS platform and internal systems and databases.
- Ensure school level data on students, families, staff, calendar dates, etc. is entered into the School platform and other systems accurately and on-time.
- Track and monitor technology and system needs of school-based staff and identify issues, challenges, and opportunities.
Finance & Accounting
- Collect and record monies for various student activities and school functions; prepares and makes bank deposits.
- Support annual development, management, and reporting of the School’s annual budget in collaboration with the Director of Administration and Head of School.
- Assist the Director of Administration with financial management and record-keeping processes, and inventory control of all organizational resources.
- Assist the Director of Administration to ensure that budgeting and financial reporting are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Assist the Director of Administration with managing fundraising and development strategies such as adhoc fundraising campaigns, digital marketing, strategic partnerships and engagement opportunities, and researching grants and creating proposals for other funding.
Employee & Student Onboarding
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Administration and Head of School regarding human resources, admissions and enrollment, and student information management.
- Manages the enrollment process for applicants and oversees the registration in the School’s SIS platform.
- Conducts new student orientation and communication with parents regarding documentation and enrollment packets.
- Assists the Director of Administration with new employee onboarding, new hire orientation, and necessary training.
Office & Facilities Management
- Troubleshoots problems with office equipment and calls for service as necessary.
- Coordinates use of school office equipment, troubleshoots problems, initiating service calls when necessary, and provides follow up communications to staff and parents.
- Directly provide on-site facilities and maintenance management or coordinate with vendors and staff to: proactively ensure school building is clean, well-maintained, safe, secure, and meeting educational needs.
- Walk the building and campus daily to identify facility and maintenance issues.
- Respond to facilities, maintenance, and equipment requests from staff, assign to staff and vendors as appropriate and ensure issues are resolved.
- Be in agreement with and willing to uphold the Caritas Academy Mission and Statement of Faith.
- Be active in a local church, with a substantial record of service and leadership in the body of Christ.
- Live a Christian lifestyle which demonstrates a Christian worldview in all aspects of life.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, (advanced degree in business, management, education, public administration, or related field a plus).
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience, prior school or nonprofit administration experience is preferred.
- At least intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite required. Skill in and/or ability to learn new information systems, including FACTS Management (student data system) and QuickBooks Online (accounting system). Canva and/or digital marketing/design experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passion and deep alignment with Caritas Academy’s mission and the Classical Christian Education model.
- Enthusiasm to assist Caritas Christian Classical Academy in becoming a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serving as a local leader in K-12 Classical Christian Education.
- Ability to grasp the strategic vision, goals and objectives for a project, and then manage it from start to finish.
- Ability to implement multiple projects at varying levels of progress simultaneously, and requires little supervision.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced school office environment, with evolving needs and frequent interruptions.
- Relentless determination and tenacity to be action-oriented, productive, and decisive.
- High level of integrity and proven track record of being reliable and accountable.
- Organized planner and project manager with proven ability to multitask, take initiative, prioritize effectively, and deliver for multiple stakeholders on deliverables and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to work well with staff, students, families, community members, and external stakeholders.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; reads and understands information presented in writing.
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- AZ Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Background Check
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com