Rhetoric School Seminar Teacher
Website Cary Christian School
Cary Christian School in Cary, NC seeks at outstanding educator as a Great Conversations: Seminar Program Teacher.
Each year, Rhetoric School students will engage in Great Conversation topics that correspond to their Classical, Medieval, European, and American history and literature classes.
Each grade level is divided into four groups of 13-17 students. Each of the four Seminar teachers will lead a group and teach the same lesson in different classrooms.
As a Seminar teacher, you will engage high school students in lectures and Socratic dialogue. You should be a student of the history of Western thought and have a strong grounding in the art, literature, and
ideas that have shaped the world in which we live. The ideal candidate possesses a proven record of helping thoughtful students cultivate and nurture a love for ideas in a way that stirs their love for Christ,
creation, and mankind.
Ideally, the candidate possesses a degree in Education, at least two years of experience teaching high school students, and strong oral and written communication skills.
The Seminar teacher will be supported by three other teachers. Each tutor will:
1. Effectively and patiently engage 9th-12th graders in Socratic dialogue about deep subjects in grade-specific classes.
2. Facilitate discussions on controversial topics in a constructive and sensitive manner.
3. Help students evaluate diverse ideas from a biblical worldview.
4. Work closely with the other Seminar teachers as a unified team.
5. Assess students on their participation (oral and written) in class.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter detailing why this position is a good fit to:
Carol Ashworth: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com