Head of School
Website Classical Christian Academy
The Role: Classical Christian Academy (CCA) is seeking a Head of School (HOS) to fill the school’s leadership position for the 2024/2025 school year. There is also an opportunity to begin the role in the 2023/24 school year.
What you’ll love:
- Having a strategic role vital to the leadership team and mission of CCA while helping to shape the school’s future.
- The opportunity to help facilitate a capital campaign to raise funds to build our future campus on 20 acres of land owned by the school.
- Compensation is competitive with local Christian schools of similar size and community.
- Working with our seasoned, invested faculty, many of whom have been with us for 15 years or more.
- Collaborating with the seasoned administrative team.
- Enjoying the lakes, rivers, and mountains through four full seasons.
- Living in a vibrant community with a rich heritage and strong conservative values.
- Invested families and daily liturgies of gathering and worship.
- Paid training with the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS), based 90 minutes away in Moscow, ID.
- Paid attendance at the Repairing the Ruins conference and other training opportunities.
- Retirement plan and health insurance coverage for your family.
- Well-developed collegial relationships with nearby classical Christian schools and administrators.
- Piloting a fully accredited ACCS school, a status accorded to only 10% of member schools.
The leadership needs:
- Leading faculty, staff, and families in a Christ-centered, biblically directed, spiritual approach aligned with the CCA Statement of Faith.
- Providing visionary guidance for the school’s future and inspiring others to join in pursuit of the school’s mission.
- Building a healthy and cohesive administrative leadership and faculty teaching team marked by trust, clarity, communication, and accountability.
- Working with the board to develop and execute a strategic plan for school growth while delivering our educational mission and goals.
- Monitoring and reviewing students’ academic and spiritual progress, including oversight and accountability to the curriculum map.
- Developing and monitoring policies and procedures that help with efficiency and excellence in day-to-day operations.
- Recruiting and overseeing hiring practices, employee training, supervision, and accountability.
- Monitoring and shaping school culture to ensure it aligns with the mission and vision of CCA.
- Monitoring the school’s budget to align with the long-term financial stability and growth goals.
- The HOS must demonstrate the ability to be the spiritual leader within the school community by displaying a solid personal relationship with Christ.
- The HOS must have proven school management experience; formal classroom teaching is not required but preferred.
- The HOS must fully understand and commit to the classical Christian education model. In addition, the HOS must be able to articulate the classical Christian education methods and concepts to a wide range of constituents, including students, teachers, faculty, parents, and the community.
- The HOS must have an educational philosophy that aligns with CCA’s process-driven mission versus a product-driven educational system. The educational philosophy must build on the school’s high academic standards.
- The HOS must be a strong organizational leader with a demonstrated track record of developing and growing faculty and staff professional and personal skill sets.
- Experience in the accreditation processes with organizations such as ACCS and ACSI is preferred but not required.
- BA/BS required, MA/MEd preferred, and administrative background is preferred but not required.
- Capital campaign and facility growth experience is preferred but not required.
Classical Christian Academy is an independent, classical Christian school that has served North Idaho and Eastern Washington communities for nearly 30 years. This year, 226 students are enrolled in grades Pre-K through 12, served by 40 faculty and staff. The school is located 15 minutes north of beautiful Lake Coeur d’Alene between several growing communities, considered a top destination for relocation in the country.
About the area:
The school is between Coeur d’Alene, Hayden, Post Falls, and Rathdrum communities. North Idaho is a picturesque gem nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. This charming area is renowned for its stunning natural beauty, including several pristine lakes with crystal-clear waters and countless outdoor recreational opportunities. Residents and visitors alike are drawn to its scenic landscapes, with lush forests, rolling hills, and a temperate climate, making it a year-round destination.
Beyond its natural beauty and recreational offerings, the area also has a strong sense of community and a rich cultural scene. Its welcoming residents contribute to a warm and inviting atmosphere, making it a desirable place to make a home. With the Spokane metropolitan area just across the border, Kootenai County offers the best of both worlds, whether looking for vibrant city life or quiet country living.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com