Assistant Rhetoric School Principal
Website Coram Deo Academy
Christian. Classical. Collaborative.
Coram Deo Academy is seeking an Assistant Rhetoric School Principal for its Flower Mound, TX location for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Assistant Rhetoric School Principal at the CDA Flower Mound campus is, first and foremost, an avid supporter of the classical, Christian vision for education and is deeply committed to partnering with parents in the education of their children. The ability to lead with patience and grace in all interactions with students, parents, and fellow faculty and staff is key to this position.
The Assistant Rhetoric School Principal shares responsibility with the headmaster for the direct supervision of the campus faculty and staff from 9th through 12th grade, directing the daily operations of the Rhetoric School, and the implementation and enforcement of district policies and procedures as they relate to the Rhetoric School. The Assistant Principal works closely with the school faculty and staff, district employees, parents, and students to achieve a climate that fosters collaboration and academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
As a member of our Campus leadership team, the Assistant Rhetoric School Principal is a model of servant leadership as they seek to serve our staff, teachers, families, and students.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Rhetoric School Principal is given direct oversight of several areas of Rhetoric School life outlined below, and shares oversight with the headmaster in others.
Faculty and Staff
- Mentor applicable faculty and staff in collaboration with school administration, ensuring high teacher morale.
- Serve and observe Rhetoric School faculty and staff.
- Ensure faculty/staff compliance with all guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Ensure the faculty and staff of the Rhetoric School is engaged in continuous curriculum development.
- Oversee the teachers’ receipt of correct curriculum and materials.
- Conduct written evaluations, follow-up meetings, informal class visits, lesson observations, and lesson plan reviews.
- Thoroughly understand and convey the tenets of Classical Education, The Lost Tools of Learning, Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning, and The Seven Laws of Teaching.
- Be willing to present workshops on a state and national level.
Admissions / Enrollment
- Give input in Rhetoric School student enrollment or reenrollment, within specified guidelines.
- Participate in personal interviews with every potential student and family.
- Support new families and students in their transition to CDA.
- Regularly participate in admission events.
Families and Students
- Participate in Parent Orientation, Parent Tutorials, and other events.
- Address academic, discipline or communication issues that arise with families and students.
- Ensure that teachers communicate daily assignments and scores to all Rhetoric School families and students.
- Give input on academic or behavioral holds on student accounts that require further communication.
- Give input on the College Guidance program to meet the needs of all Rhetoric School students.
- Assist in the oversight of the House System.
- Ensure adequate communication with parents and students concerning progress, school life, opportunities, and morale.
- Participate in the End of the Year Awards and Graduation/Commencement ceremonies.
- Manage the publishing of Rhetoric School honor roll letters and report cards.
- Maintain Rhetoric School uniform compliance.
- Participate in daily lunch and carline duties.
- Maintain Christian attributes throughout the Rhetoric School by implementing policies, philosophy, mission, and core values in every area of education.
- Collaborate with the headmaster to determine which class sections to offer.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget.
- Oversee cumulative records for Rhetoric School students.
- Implement and enforce the requirements, policies, and procedures designated to the Assistant Rhetoric School Principal in all policy documents, including the Administrative Policy Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the headmaster.
- Ensure that all co-curricular and extracurricular activities are effectively coordinated.
- Ensure that approved instructional programs (plan, scope and sequence, District assessments and goals) are fully implemented.
- Encourage teachers to adopt and adhere to instructional programs.
- Support all leaders within the Rhetoric School.
- Frequently attend athletic and fine arts events.
- Serve as a Teacher of Record for teachers of service, when applicable.
- Develop and maintain a schedule to communicate important school events.
- Contribute to weekly communication to families to encourage a sense of community while also providing important information and reminders about future events.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with faculty/staff.
- Attend and be prepared to present at monthly faculty meetings.
- Address and resolve communication issues between faculty/staff and families.
- Provide content for district communications as requested.
- Attend all required campus meetings, Rhetoric School college guidance meetings, department meetings, and district meetings.
- Visit the Collin County and Dallas campus locations at least once per year.
- Master’s degree required.
- 5 years teaching experience.
- 1+ years school administration, or equivalent senior-level management experience, preferred.
- Knowledge and adherence to the Christian faith.
- Expertise in operating computers and computer programs to include the Microsoft Office Suite products, social media platforms, online content, and CDA systems.
- Project management.
- Skilled in critical thinking and planning.
- Skilled in writing and editing.
- Skilled in organizing and relaying information.
- Skilled in public speaking.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, faculty, parents, board members, students, and vendors.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple functions and activities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to motivate, influence and positively lead others.
- Ability to exhibit and articulate passion for Coram Deo Academy’s mission, vision, core values and goals.
- Ability and desire to teach at least one class each school year.
- First-hand knowledge of classical teaching methodology and pedagogy.
- Ability to visit several classes and activities in many venues throughout a school day.
- Required to work some nights and weekends.
- Required to manage moderate to high levels of stress.
- Required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, grab, pull, hear, see, and speak daily.
- Required to perform repetitive physical tasks such as keyboarding, writing, speaking, and reading.
- Required to monitor students in a variety of locations, including those with noise, activities, and inside or outside in inclement weather.
Coram Deo Academy offers an exceptional culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 6 Full Vacation Weeks: Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas (2 Weeks), Spring Break, and July 4th Week
- 5 One-Day Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day
- Personal/Sick Leave: 40 Hours-5 days (1st year) and 80 Hours-10 days (2nd year)
- Masters Reimbursement Program: 75% reimbursement for tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for approved degree plans.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance covered at 75% for employee only & 50% for employee plus dependents
- Retirement Plan – Up to 3% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $30,000.00
- CDA Employee Tuition Benefit: $12,000.00 or Signature Core tuition for two students (up to a $22,475.00 benefit)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com