Art Teacher for 2024-2025
Website Coram Deo Academy
Rhetoric teachers are responsible for instructing students using classical pedagogy in all subjects. This part-time position will be teaching RS Art, grades 9th-12th, on Fridays from 8:00am-3:30pm August through May. This candidate will be expected to attend teacher training and parent orientations in August and faculty meetings each month.
Art I – 2 Sections
Art II – 1 Section
Advanced Art – 1 Section
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
- Display the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him.
- Demonstrate Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching.
- Establish a Biblical understanding of authority and commit to Biblical peacemaking.
- Focus on the heart when training, instructing, and disciplining children.
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another.
- Teach students using Christian principles through classical philosophy and pedagogy.
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner.
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and district meetings.
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide.
- Prepare classroom coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using the University-Model ™ approach.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance.
- Regularly update grades in CDA Connect.
- Evaluate and grade class work and assignments.
- Observe and manage student behavior and performance.
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed.
- Teacher training and parent orientations during the first week of August.
- Faculty meetings – held once a month.
- Classical Educators Training: 2 days in August and 1 day in January.
- VASE and TAPPS competition required.
- Night of Art and Jazz – an evening event in the Spring.
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, and collaborative educational model preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in the requested discipline or grade level.
- Basic computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Possess the technological ability to utilize online platforms to teach classes remotely with a computer and at-home wi-fi.
- Utilize effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff.
- Demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations.
Exhibit good listening skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development with a focus on the age being taught.
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Prompt and timely attendance.
- Appropriate social media presence.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with occasional times outdoors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com