Website Coram Deo Academy
Christian. Classical. Collaborative.
The Collin County campus of Coram Deo Academy is seeking a full-time History teacher for 5th-8th grades (Logic School). Logic teachers are responsible for instructing students from 5th grade through 8th grade with requisite content knowledge using classical pedagogy in their specific disciplines.
The Logic School History Teacher is responsible for instructing students from 5th grade through 8th grade at the Collin County campus of Coram Deo Academy.
Coram Deo Academy teachers are called to be models of what we desire for our students. They are committed to Christ, love learning, and strive to be wise thinkers and ethical servant-leaders. We see this priority of imitation expressed by the apostle Paul in Philippians 4:8-9, Finally, brother, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Teachers are to embody both the Spirit of Christ and the spirit of enquiry. They should be saturated with the Word of God and be able to think biblically. They should exhibit proficiency in their academic disciplines and demonstrate a passion for learning by their own study and reading, participation in school improvement and professional development. They should seek to cultivate wisdom and virtue in their students through pursuing their own wisdom and virtue with humility and repentance.
- Demonstrates the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him
- Demonstrates Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching
- Demonstrates a Biblical understanding of authority
Demonstrates skill in training, instructing, and disciplining children focusing on the heart
- Works to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another
- Commitment to Biblical peacemaking
- Teach students in a manner consistent with Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy
- Communicates regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner
- Posts assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participates in faculty meetings and district meetings
- Completes Coram Deo Academy’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursues additional continuing education requirements
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide
- Maintains online grades in Coram Deo Academy’s system per policy
- Grades papers and performs other administrative duties as needed
- Observes and evaluates students’ performance
- Manages student behavior in the classroom with a focus on habit training
- Evaluates students’ class work and assignments
- Prepares classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts
- Records and maintains accurate student attendance records and grades
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication needed for this University-Model approach
- Creates a vibrant teaching atmosphere
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org