Kindergarten Teacher (Tuesday/Thursday)
Website Coram Deo Academy
Christian. Classical. Collaborative
The CDA Dallas campus seeks a part-time (Tuesday/Thursday) Kindergarten teacher for the Grammar School. (Compensation: $15,500)
Grammar school teachers are responsible for instructing students from Pre-K through 4th grade using classical pedagogy in core subjects such as Bible, Math, Language Arts, Latin and History, according to grade level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him.
- Demonstrate Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching.
- Demonstrate a Biblical understanding of authority.
Demonstrate skill in training, instructing, and disciplining children focusing on the heart.
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another.
- Commitment to Biblical peacemaking.
- Teach students in a manner consistent with Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy.
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner.
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and district meetings.
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements.
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide.
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect per policy.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom with a focus on habit training.
- Evaluate students’ class work and assignments.
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication needed for this University-Model ™ approach.
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of child development with a focus on the age being taught.
- Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in the requested discipline or grade level.
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
When performing activities throughout the day related to the educating of students, the teacher spends the majority of the day standing in the classroom. He or she must walk through the classroom and be able to maneuver in tight spaces between desks, etc. Dealing with the students can entail kneeling or squatting, stooping, and bending from 50-70 degrees at the waist on an occasional to frequent basis. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects (textbooks and materials). The teacher often moves children’s desks and chairs to change the layout of the classroom to influence the learning situation. The teacher must see and hear on a continuous basis as well as speak frequently. Positions may vary from standing, sitting, or walking. On a rare occasion it may be necessary to move quickly, run, etc. over smooth to uneven surfaces such as on asphalt, pea gravel, or on the grass. The teacher must have manual dexterity to use office equipment, manipulate books and other learning materials, and assist students with various activities. The teacher must have repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding.
Physical Work Environment
The work environment will vary from potentially very loud situations such as cafeterias and playgrounds to more moderate situations such as classrooms or large group professional settings. The majority of time will be spent indoors with consideration for adaptability to all weather conditions related to outdoor activities and/or travel. The employee must be able to work in airconditioned and heated environments under florescent lighting.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org