Rhetoric Math Teacher (full-time) for the 2022-2023 year
Website Coram Deo Academy
Rhetoric Math Teacher for the 2022-2023 year (Master’s degree required)
Compensation range: $48,000.00 – $52,000.00 (4-day schedule) commensurate with education and experience.
This full-time position will be a “combination” of several of the classes below (dependent upon candidate qualifications, education, and experience).The weekly work schedule is Monday-Thursday, with the potential of additional classes and compensation on Friday.
Proposed Classes: AP/Dual Credit Calculus, Dual Credit College Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, PreCal Lab, Trigonometry, and Advanced Algebra
Coram Deo Academy Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s statement of faith.
- Demonstrate the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him
- Demonstrate Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching
- Demonstrate a Biblical understanding of authority
- Demonstrate skill in training, instructing, and disciplining children focusing on the heart
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another
- Commitment to Biblical peacemaking
- Teach students in a manner consistent with Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and district meetings
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements
Essential Job Functions:
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect per policy
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom with a focus on habit training
- Evaluate students’ class work and assignments
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication needed for this University-Model ™ approach
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
Master’s degree in Mathematics or 18 hours of qualified Math courses to meet Dual Credit requirements
First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred
- Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in the requested discipline or grade level
- Basic computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Possess the technological ability to utilize online platforms to teach classes remotely with a computer and at-home wi-fi.
Coram Deo Academy offers an exceptional culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 6 Full Vacation Weeks: Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas (2 Weeks), Spring Break, and Summer Vacation
- 5 One-Day Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day
- Personal/Sick Leave: 40 Hours-5 days (1st year) and 80 Hours-10 days (2nd year)
- Masters Reimbursement Program: 75% reimbursement for tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for approved degree plans.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance covered at 75% for employee only & 50% for employee plus dependents
- Retirement Plan – Up to 3% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $30,000.00
- CDA Employee Tuition Benefit: $12,000.00 or Signature Core tuition for two students & 50% discount on 3rd child (up to a $22,475.00 benefit), as well as a waiver of the $1,250.00 new student enrollment fee for each newly enrolled student.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org