Website Covenant Academy
Covenant Academy – Athletic Director
The Athletic Director at Covenant Academy serves to establish, cultivate, and sustain a premier athletic program. The Athletic Director (AD) will be responsible for working directly with the Head of School and Administrative Team to advance and complete the goals and mission of the Athletic Department. The director will be responsible for all facets of the operation and successful execution of the sport seasons to include: building the overall schedule; recruiting, interviewing, and developing coaches; communicating with stakeholders; and managing budgets and other administrative functions as needed.
Covenant Academy seeks to hire individuals who profess a calling to serve Christ and to partner with families to nurture our students with biblical wisdom and faith. Every employee must profess to be a Christian believer and assent to the Covenant Statement of Faith. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Covenant Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with Covenant’s mission. The Athletic Director must exemplify 1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Encourage one another and build each other up.” Please review our website to prayerfully determine if you would seek to join a vibrant school that is committed to glorifying God.
Qualifications and Skills:
In addition to a passion for sports and an enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring student athletes, the athletic director should cultivate an environment for our athletes that provides them with the opportunity to compete at a high level with Christ-like character.
· Strong interpersonal communication across various audiences: administration, faculty members, coaches, parents, and students
· Skilled at providing motivation and development for coaches and students
· Advocate for life-long learning and ongoing professional development
· Strong analytical, administrative, and multi-tasking skills
· A proven record of accomplishment with creating and overseeing an athletic department’s strategic plan and vision to develop a premier athletic program
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Nurture relationships with other administrators and faculty members to promote collaboration and distributed leadership
· Develop and lead a sports program for all students including intramural and interscholastic athletics for the entire school
· Be in regular attendance at program events / contests to assess and support the vision of Covenant athletics
· Attend Directors’ Meetings and contribute to collaborative leadership decisions
· Support the Head of School in the execution and enforcement of Board policies
· Maintain open and ongoing communication with the Head of School and other administrators
· Collaborate with leadership and faculty to address discipline issues in a biblical manner
· Promote sportsmanship among teams (players), fans, and coaches in a manner that is Christ-honoring during contests and practices
· Direct on-site operations to include: maintenance of the grounds; building security and safety; organizing volunteers; and proper handling / distribution of athletic uniforms and equipment
· Stay abreast of associational changes and initiatives to ensure alignment with Covenant Statement of Faith / Practices
· Oversee end-of-season banquets / awards presentations and cooperate with booster club in fundraising and program support
This is a full-time, year-round position. Interested candidates should send an email to the Head of School, Jeremy Johnston at [email protected]. Include a cover letter and resume for a detailed list of duties and responsibilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com