Grammar School Teachers - Grades 3 and 4
Website Covenant Christian Academy
Dedicated to Excellence. Anchored in Truth.
Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified, full-time elementary level teachers for intermediate elementary classroom positions. Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in elementary education and have had experience teaching in the classroom at the elementary school or middle school level.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Mature Christian faith and the ability to nurture this faith in children;
- Proven experience in managing a classroom with a welcome measure of structure while maintaining a spirit of grace and community
- The ability to provide strong foundations in reading, mathematics, writing, science, and social studies;
- The willingness to take initiative in the researching, writing, and implementing a classical philosophy and curriculum in a school community that continuously looks to reflect on and improve teaching practice;
- The readiness to collaborate with colleagues, specialists, parents, and the larger school community; and,
- Be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
Applicants should have a strong background in English Language Arts and Mathematics. A solid understanding of recent research in literacy and its implications, and experience with instructing writing across the curriculum is required. A familiarity with Singapore Math is preferred.
Contract runs: September 2022 through June 2023; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Contact Person: Andrea Bergstrom, Grammar School Principal [email protected]
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume (showing no gaps in employment), Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Andrea Bergstrom, Grammar School Principal
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org