Upper School Science Teacher (Grades 10-11)
Website Covenant Christian Academy
Seeking high school science teacher for maternity leave
Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional in the area of science education: specifically Chemistry and Physics for a maternity leave position. The idea candidate for this position should hold a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Chemistry, Physics or Science Education and have experience teaching science at the secondary school level. The candidate must have the ability to flourish in our distinctly Christian and classical model, and a passion for teaching science inductively through hands on labs and field work.
An Upper School faculty position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach Chemistry, Physics and AP Physics
- Plan and facilitate lab work for the courses listed above
- Be available for weekly upper school faculty meetings.
- Be available during set hours each week to work with students individually for tutoring and/or coaching in the area of Physical Science, Chemistry and Physics.
- Working knowledge and experience with computer technology and computer software for science applications is valuable and essential.
Be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
The Upper School Science Faculty position is a full time position with benefits. Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available.
Contract runs: late August 2023 through at least late November 2023
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume (showing no gaps in employment), Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com