Website Eden Classical Academy
Reports to: Grammar teachers (TK, K-6) report to the Grammar Lead; Logic (7-9) and Rhetoric (currently 10th) report to the Logic Lead.
2023-24 Academic Year Needs: Latin teacher (2nd-6th), 1st grade homeroom teacher (History, Language Arts, Science), Transitional Kindergarten & Young Learners homeroom teacher(s) (2-day program), Biology teacher (8-10th), Great Books & Composition teacher (8th-10th).
Hours: Range based on difficulty of class and # of classes taught
Work Calendar: Aug 7-Aug 18 (Professional Development) // Aug 21 – May 23 with unpaid breaks at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter Break, and Easter Break; 33-week school year
1. Faith & Spiritual Leadership: Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him. Demonstrated commitment to integrating faith and learning, fostering spiritual growth, & promoting a Christ-centered culture within the community.
2. Church Membership: Be a member of a local church body closely aligned with the doctrine & mission of Doxa Church. Wholeheartedly embrace Doxa’s Statement of Faith and Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.
3. Experience: Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (preferred), ideally in a classical Christian school or similar educational setting.
Education, & Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred); knowledge & understanding of classical Christian education principles, philosophy, & pedagogy is desirable.
4. Classroom Management: Proven ability to manage a classroom effectively, establish clear expectations, and create a positive and disciplined learning environment.
5. Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and connect with students, parents, and colleagues effectively.
6. Creativity: Ability to develop and implement engaging lesson plans and instructional strategies that cater to different learning styles and abilities.
7. Collaboration: A collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively as part of a team, collaborating with fellow teachers, administrators, & parents.
8. Patience and Adaptability: Demonstrated patience, adaptability, and the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the various student needs.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Character Development: Instill Christian virtues and character development through intentional instruction and modeling of Christ-likeness in thought, word, and action.
2. Curriculum Delivery: Implement the grammar/logic/rhetoric program curriculum, incorporating classical Christian principles, to foster a strong foundation in the trivium and quadrivium.
3. Lesson Planning: Develop and implement engaging lesson plans that align with curriculum objectives and cater to the individual learning needs of students.
4. Classroom Instruction: Provide effective and engaging classroom instruction, leveraging The Seven Laws of Teaching (Gregory: Teacher, Lesson, Learner, Language, Teaching Process, Learning Process, Review) to facilitate learning, understanding, and mastery in students.
5. Classroom Management: Establish a positive & disciplined classroom environment, managing student behavior and creating a culture of respect, responsibility, and active participation.
Student Assessment: Regularly assess student progress (demonstrated evidence of learning) and provide timely and constructive feedback to students and parents, ensuring ongoing academic growth.
6. Parent Communication: Maintain regular communication with parents, providing updates on student progress, addressing concerns, and fostering a collaborative relationship between home and school.
7. Collaborative Engagement: Collaborate with fellow teachers, attending meetings, participating in professional learning communities, and contributing to the overall development of the school’s educational programs.
8. Professional Development: Engage in continuous professional growth and development and lifelong learning to include books, podcasts, conferences, workshops, and training sessions related to educational leadership and classical Christian education.
Note: This position description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications of a teacher at Eden Classical Academy. It may be subject to change or modification based on the school’s specific needs and requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org