Director of Finance and Operations
Website Faith Christian School
Immediate Opening: Director of Finance and Operations
Faith Christian School, Roanoke, VA
Faith Christian School is nestled on 27 acres in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Roanoke, Virginia. Celebrating our 25th year, we are a JK-12 school, enrolling 220 students and offering a robust Christian classical education in a community of believers actively seeking to inspire students to love Jesus, to love what God loves, and to be able to influence culture rather than be influenced by it. If you are looking to apply your God-given talents and experience to a great mission-oriented school in a dynamic supportive community, this may be it!
The Director of Finance and Operations provides leadership to support the school’s mission by effectively managing the school’s financial and operational needs. The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for all business matters, HR, building and grounds/maintenance, IT, and legal and risk management. The position reports to the Head of School. Applicants should have appropriate experience, enthusiasm, joy, and a desire to be a part of a strong administrative team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Oversee all financial components of the school.
● Establish and maintain proper policies, processes, and procedures to safeguard all assets; assure proper approvals and provide complete audit trails.
● Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP for presentation to the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Administration.
● Prepare financial reports and projections.
● Assist in formulating and monitoring budgets in conjunction with school administrators.
● Coordinate audit and tax requirements.
● Prepare appropriate state and federal reports/filings.
● Assist the Finance Committee of the Board related to reports, oversight, and strategy.
● Manage banking relationships.
● Acquire annual proposals for all employee benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, life/disability insurance and the retirement plan. Administer details of each plan chosen.
● Analyze compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
● Stay current with laws that may impact the viability of the school.
● Manage compensation process with budget process.
● Prepare annual contracts for all employees.
● Ensure compliance with all employment laws and documentation.
● Review policies and update employee manual.
● Communicate all financial and personnel procedures to new employees.
● Conduct an exit interview with departing employees and ensure proper and timely communication regarding COBRA and retirement plan distribution.
● Evaluate and execute contracts for office equipment purchases.
● Negotiate and manage all phases of school facility rentals and legalities with tenants.
● Oversee the Director of Facilities and Maintenance.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Leslie Ramsey, Assistant to the Head of School, at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com