Grammar School Teacher
Website Geneva Classical Academy
Geneva Classical Academy uniquely utilizes classical methodology and a thoroughly integrated curriculum to instill in students a lifelong love for learning.
As a classical Christian educator at Geneva, you will be responsible for providing a well-rounded education rooted in classical principles through a biblical worldview. Your role involves implementing a nurturing and engaging learning environment focused on the academic, spiritual, and physical development of your students.
1. Spiritual Leadership: Consistently exhibiting love, joy, peace, and spiritual maturity in daily work and relationships in the school as a Christian role model.
2. Professionalism: Actively demonstrate excellence by displaying a love of learning and demonstrating the character qualities of punctuality, enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, perseverance, and self-control.
3. Lesson Presentation: Optimize meaningful connections with students by integrating Biblical principles and the Classical and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
4. Planning: Work thoroughly with the organization by planning a program of study (content and timing) that follows the Classical and Christian curriculum adopted by the Board and meeting the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging each to do his/her best work.
5. Classroom Management: Assist parents in training their children by establishing and maintaining a positive and disciplined classroom atmosphere that promotes respect, responsibility, and a love for learning.
6. Student Learning: Disciple students by employing a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials consistent with the classical and Christian philosophy of education.
7. Communication: Maintain regular communication with parents and administration, keeping them informed of academic progress and spiritual development.
8. Extracurricular Involvement: Participate in and potentially lead extracurricular activities, clubs, or events that align with the school’s mission and values.
9. Professional Development: Stay informed about educational trends, participate in professional development opportunities, and contribute to the school’s continuous improvement.
Gift of Teaching
Agree to teach in accordance with our Statement of Faith
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field
Actively living the Reformed Faith
Knowledge of the classical Christian model
Mastery of subject matter
Eligible children attending GCA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org