Website Haw River Christian Academy
Integrating Classical Education with A Biblical Worldview
Haw River Christian Academy in Pittsboro, NC is seeking a part-time business manager, effectively immediately. HRCA is a non-denominational, independent JK-12 Christian classical school of 163 students located in a beautiful rural area just outside historic Pittsboro. Pittsboro enjoys all the comforts of a small town while a growing bedroom community of the metropolitan Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC Research Triangle, with a metropolitan population of 2.1 million. The Triangle is a vibrant economic area, known for their research and technology with numerous corporate headquarters, engineering and technology hubs, and several of the finest colleges and universities in the country within thirty-minutes of Pittsboro. Pittsboro offers the best of small-town living with the proximity of one of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas ranked as one of the top places to live in the US, with strong job growth and high quality of life.
HRCA is a stable and growing school, poised for considerable additional growth in the coming years. The school has a strong faculty, outstanding classical Christian curriculum, and a wonderful Board. This opportunity is great for someone wanting to develop and refine our business policies and procedures. Please see the following job description. All inquiries should be to Sam Cox, Head of School at [email protected]
Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Head of School
Schedule: Year round (12-month) position, 10-15 hours per week
The mission of Haw River Christian Academy is to educate students with a Christ-centered foundation and excellent classical academics while encouraging them to discover their unique godly design, purpose, and calling. The business manager supports the mission of the school by ensuring that:
- The school follows proper and legal accounting rules as steward of the resources give to us from families, donors, and the broader community.
- Accurate accounting information is provided to the Board of Trustees, the Head of School and administration, and other entities as deemed necessary in a timely and regular manner.
- Aids the Board and the Head of School in the creation and implementation of an annual budget.
- Creates and assists in managing monthly and annual financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent.
- CPA license preferred.
- Three to five or more years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in non-profit accounting procedures preferred.
Practical understanding of General Accepted Accounting Procedures and Principles (GAAPP), a knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations, and experience with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Must be a committed Christian in good standing in a local church.
- Should display the “Fruit of the Spirit”—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control.
- Interact with community stakeholders with humility and patience.
- Must be supportive of the classical Christian approach to education at HRCA and the mission statement of the school.
- Must be a team player, able to work closely with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees, an able communicator, exercise attention to detail, self-motivated, highly organized, and a strong problem solver.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP accounting and non-profit accounting rules and regulations;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations as needed;
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints;
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, and statistical analysis and to effectively supervise the office manager who supports such efforts;
- Practice the utmost discretion in all presentations and correspondence and communication with the Head of School, faculty and administration, and the Board of Trustees;
- Ability to work closely with the Director of Development/Admissions and regular reconciliation with the DoD on donor giving.
- Understanding of Quickbooks and the ability to produce monthly and annual P&L’s, Income Statements, financial pro forma, and other spreadsheets and reports as needed.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by creating and implementing policies and procedures to address internal audits, controls and checks, and other financial processes;
- Work with the office manager for the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, monthly tuition and fees invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, general & entity accounting, bank deposits and statement reconciliations, and fixed asset records;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Monitor and support taxation requirements to ensure timely filing of monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports, annual 1099 and 990 forms;
- Develop, improve, and issue timely monthly and annual financial records for Head of School and Board of Trustees and present at each monthly board meeting;
- Assist in developing annual budget in conjunction with Head of School and Board of Trustees;
- Continuous management and support of annual budget and forecasted activities, including monthly reports comparing budget to actual analyses;
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate special projects, programs, capital expenditures, etc. when necessary;
- Establish consistent communication with parents by sending monthly tuition billing account statements;
- Manage, in conjunction with the office manager, the payroll, deductions, and other personnel information;
- Attend monthly Board of Trustee meetings and work sessions as requested;
- In the event the school moves to a virtual learning environment due to an unplanned closure, administrative staff will be expected to continue their work at home. Any meetings will continue virtually. Staff will be expected to be working and available during their normal work hours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com