Website Heritage Classical Academy
Cultivating lifelong learners who think and live for Christ
Heritage Classical Academy is seeking a qualified Athletic Director. Applicants should possess a vibrant Christian testimony demonstrating a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Applicants should also fully support HCA’s Statement of Faith and be excited about the great tradition of classical Christian education. The AD will develop Heritage’s athletic program promoting athletic, spiritual, and social growth for athletes and coaches. The AD is responsible for the initiation and operational management of the athletic program for HCA, emphasizing the role of sports in character development. The AD serves as a Christian example for student-athletes and coaches and is committed to applying biblical principles to athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with athletic programs
- Previous experience in a school environment
- Familiarity with the classical model
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
Supervision of Coaches
- Find, recruit, and recommend coaches to Administration for hire.
- Encourage coaches to develop goals and a general plan for the development of skills and Christian character in the athletes in their sport.
- Ensure work agreements are issued to coaches and receive back from them.
- Meet with coaches on coaching philosophy, team rules, lettering policies, policy compliance, program improvement, and program needs.
- Keep team rules and lettering policies on file.
- Oversee the development of the practice schedule of each sport.
- Observe coaches in practice and in competition for sport knowledge, coaching practices, and ability to “walk in a manner worthy” of Christ.
- Periodically meet with each coach throughout the season and at the end of the season to review the season.
- Make recommendations to the Administrator on assignment of coaching positions and position openings for the next school year as soon as possible.
Supervision of Athletic Programs
- Provide each program with fair attention, supplies, equipment, and facility
- Coordinate scheduling of all athletic programs and events.
- Secure, authorize, and present payment for game officials.
- Recruit volunteers to supply and run concessions, to collect admission fees, to keep score, to maintain stats book, etc.
- Attend and manage home games/matches/meets.
- Ensure game and practice environment maintains the distinct ethos of HCA and a classical Christian school (music, hospitality, etc).
- Work with coaches to make, maintain, and publish practice and competition schedules for each team.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of student physicals.
- Facilitate off-season program for high school sports (conditioning, weightlifting, etc.).
Supervision/Acquisition of Athletic Facilities and Finances
- Ensure proper care of uniforms and equipment is maintained by setting up procedures.
- Develop a process to ensure there are enough uniforms for the sport and establish a schedule by which new uniforms are purchased if finances allow.
- Purchase equipment within the budget necessary for each sport.
- Prepare an Athletic budget for approval before final HCA budget is passed.
- Oversee the administration of the athletic budget.
- Supervise and determine transportation.
Supervision of Public Relations
- Collect and maintain all athletic records.
- Handle all correspondence pertaining to athletics.
- Applying the Lord’s principles found in Matthew 18, manage disputes between coaches and athletes and/or parents.
- Work with coaches to oversee end-of-season banquets and celebrations.
About Heritage Classical Academy:
Heritage Classical Academy is a preschool through eleventh grade classical Christian school located in Northeast Ohio, thirty minutes from Cleveland. We are a multi-campus, vibrant, growing community upholding Biblical standards for our students, faculty, and staff. HCA partners with parents to develop students who value and pursue the truth, beauty, and goodness in Jesus and the world He has made. Our rigorous, Christ-centered, classical program aims to cultivate lifelong learners who think and live for Christ.
Application Process – Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com