High School Math Long-Term Substitute Teacher
Website Heritage Preparatory School
Heritage Preparatory School seeks talented individuals to serve as a long-term substitute in a high school while our math teacher is on maternity leave. The ideal candidate will be someone who desires to stay on as a Pre-Calculus/Calculus teacher in the 2023-24 school year.
This job entails teaching Geometry and Algebra II as well as two independent studies. In addition to Geometry and Algebra II, this candidate will conduct an accelerated Algebra II course in which he/she will provide instruction between 7:30-8 every morning, except for Wednesdays. This candidate will also facilitate a Pre-Calculus course for one student as a complete independent study. While daily lessons and objectives will be provided, the ideal candidate is someone who can create engaging daily plans. The faculty member would have one day with a very limited teaching schedule, allowing for sufficient time to plan.
Heritage is a Pre-K through 10th-grade classical Christian school located in midtown Atlanta, GA, that is building a high school with the first graduating class in 2025.
The hallmarks of the teaching environment at Heritage Preparatory School are excellence in academics inspired by a challenging classical curriculum with a biblical world-view; an uncluttered, disciplined atmosphere that focuses on high standards of behavior and Christian character; a partnership with supportive and involved parents, and strong collegiality and camaraderie among the faculty and staff. Faculty members should have deep content knowledge about the class/grade they are teaching as well as being faithful Christ-followers who desire to partner with parents to shepherd the hearts of our students. Applicants should submit an employment application which can be found on the Heritage website.
Supervisor: Erin Hames, Headmaster
Status: Full-time beginning in February 2023
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: Standard work week
Location: Atlanta (Midtown/Ansley/Morningside), 1700 Piedmont Road, Atlanta, GA 30324
• Two years of teaching experience preferred, with exceptions granted for
outstanding candidates with demonstrated teaching gifts and call.
• Mastery of subject matters to be taught, as demonstrated by references,
education, and achievement.
• A credible profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, commitment to a life of faith.
• Godly character (pastoral and other character references may be requested).
• Knowledge of Scripture and the ability to apply Biblical truth in interactions with students.
• Ability to articulate a biblical worldview and integrate that worldview into all subject matters.
• Understanding of and alignment with the mission, philosophy, and pedagogy of Heritage Preparatory School.
• A genuine love for children and a desire to nurture them in their academic growth and spiritual development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com