HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER/MATH DEPARTMENT CHAIR
Website Heritage Preparatory School
For the past twenty-five years, Heritage Prep has provided a rigorous academic educational experience designed to help students think with excellence, believe with confidence, and live with character. With the launch of Heritage Prep High School in August 2021, we now have the honor and privilege to finish what we started and equip our students to meet the demands of a world that is constantly changing. We believe the purpose of education is not the transfer of information but rather the…
• preparation of a mind to listen carefully, reason wisely, think precisely and articulate persuasively.
• nurturing of a heart to love the Lord their God, to serve His kingdom, and to engage culture faithfully.
• development of a soul to live and think with truth, wisdom, and excellence.
We are prepared to put forth the effort necessary and are fully committed to making that vision a reality and are looking for co-laborers to join us on this journey.
Heritage faculty members are not only engaging intellectuals, but they are also grounded in Scripture, have a vibrant walk with the Lord, and see themselves as both spiritual shepherds and teachers of their subject matter. They will join a team of like-minded, passionate team members who desire to build and create a unique high school experience.
Beginning with the end in mind, we endeavor to develop students who:
• Love the Lord their God with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
• Demonstrate mature Christian character and virtue.
• Possess the ability to live and think with truth, wisdom, and excellence.
• Are equipped to listen carefully, reason wisely, think precisely, and articulate persuasively.
• Develop a passion for lifelong learning.
• Serve the Kingdom of God and engage culture faithfully.
Heritage Preparatory School seeks a talented individual to serve as a high
school math teacher. The ideal candidate is someone who holds a Master’s Degree, has prior experience in a high school setting, and has the experience and leadership necessary to serve as the Math Department Chair.
The anticipated teaching load will include a combination of Geometry,
Algebra II (both regular and honors), and our initial course in Statistics. Final course load will be determined based on the hire’s greatest strengths and experience.
The hallmarks of the teaching environment at Heritage Preparatory School are excellence in academics inspired by a challenging classical curriculum with a biblical world-view; an uncluttered, disciplined atmosphere that focuses on high standards of behavior and Christian character; a partnership with supportive and involved parents, and strong collegiality and camaraderie among the faculty and staff. Faculty members should have deep content knowledge about the class/grade they are teaching as well as being faithful Christ-followers who desire to partner with parents to shepherd the hearts of our students. Applicants should submit an employment application which can be found on the Heritage website https://heritageprep.org/employment/.
Supervisor: Erin Hames, Headmaster
Status: Full-time beginning in August 2024
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Hours of Work: Standard work week
• Five years of teaching experience preferred with exceptions granted for outstanding candidates with demonstrated teaching gifts.
• Mastery of subject matters to be taught, as demonstrated by references, education, and achievement.
• A credible profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, commitment to a life of faith.
• Godly character (pastoral and other character references may be requested).
• Knowledge of Scripture and the ability to apply Biblical truth in interactions with students.
• Ability to articulate a biblical worldview and integrate that worldview into all subject matters.
• Understanding of and alignment with the mission, philosophy, and pedagogy of Heritage Preparatory School.
• Desire and ability to foster intellectual curiosity in students.
• Genuine love for students and desire to nurture them in their academic growth and spiritual development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com