Grammar School Teacher
Website Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy
Grammar School teachers at JECA are called to instruct in an educational environment where students can learn to develop their love for Christ’s created order as they discover the truth, goodness, and beauty in all facets of human knowledge that are aligned with our classical and Christian curriculum. Teachers must present effectively the necessary tools of learning that prepare students for success in each grade and beyond graduation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The ideal teaching candidate will be a continuous learner who embraces the ethos of the Classical, Christian model of education. Teachers are expected consistently to exhibit love, joy, peace, and spiritual maturity before students and the rest of the school. They are expected to model the virtue of a classical student by exhibiting a love for learning and reading. They are to share knowledge in order to promote student success and involve parents in the learning process. Fostering a collegial spirit and collaboration with other employees in order to maximize interdependence, strength, and cohesive partnership under the authority of the mission of the school is critically important. They must present curriculum with efficiency and flexibility and maintain a neat, organized, clean, and stimulating classroom environment for students. They must handle most discipline problems in the classroom and instruct while utilizing the objectives, materials, priorities, and methods prescribed in the appropriate curriculum documents. An ideal candidate must reflect honestly on their shortcomings that need to be addressed.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
● Lifestyle and convictions clearly demonstrate a Christian worldview
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Clear understanding of JECA’s mission – classical education appreciated but not required
● Demonstrated competency in their field; excellent ability to communicate (verbal and written)
● Ability to work directly with and promote interdependence on team, high interpersonal skills
● Navigate through basic computer applications for parent communication & communicate accurately and clearly with teachers, parents, and administrators
● Know the good stories of the school, and promote a positive culture among families
● Respect confidential information according to the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1983
● Work in accordance with fulfilling the educational and theological objectives as defined by the School’s Doctrinal Statement
ROLE MODEL STANDARDS
All employees at JECA will be Christian believers in good standing in their churches and whose fundamental beliefs are consistent with the JECA Doctrinal Statement. He/she will give evidence of trusting Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior. He/she will demonstrate a conviction that God has called them to a Christian school teaching ministry. He/she will demonstrate spiritual maturity, a teachable spirit, and have a clear conscience before God and man. JECA employees should manifest by precept and example the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a role model both in and out of school to students and as an example to parents and fellow employees in judgment, respect, and Christian living.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com