Third Grade Teacher
Website Lighthouse Christian Academy
Lighthouse Christian Academy is a community of more than 100 students and 18 faculty members situated on 14 acres of our host church, Safe Harbor Presbyterian, located on Kent Island on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Lighthouse offers a wonder-filled, Christ-centered preK-8 Classical education that is rooted in the pursuit of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, seeking to shape the hearts and souls of students toward human flourishing. Lighthouse provides a faculty culture where employees are engaged and appreciated and a community culture that engages families to actively partner in their child’s education.
Position Summary: The ideal candidate will be familiar with Classical Christian distinctives, having experience with or training in Classical teaching. Applicants must embody Christian virtue, demonstrating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The 3rd through 5th grade teacher provides classroom instruction to students across a variety of subjects with a strong emphasis on math and language arts, and guides students through the routines, procedures, classes, and tasks of the school day.This position requires an educator who is a mature Christian who loves teaching and shepherding children. He or she should be a person who is personable, organized, and committed to providing a caring and engaging learning environment in which students’ hearts, minds, and souls are cultivated and nurtured.
● Possess a mature Christian faith, displayed in godly conduct and firm in personal convictions.
● Establish and maintain virtuous relationships with colleagues, students, and parents.
● Lead students with clear and kind authority.
● Support and promote the mission and vision of Lighthouse Christian Academy.
● Demonstrate pedagogical and organizational competence.
● Continue learning about the Classical Christian tradition and their own teaching field.
● Plan and implement instruction for students across the school day.
● Build rapport and relationship with students and parents.
● Communicate with parents regarding the progress of the student academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
● Use effective classroom management skills for implementing lessons, and setting and maintaining clear expectations for behavior, participation, and progress in the class.
● Shepherd students’ hearts and minds by providing Biblical, gospel-filled instruction, correction, and encouragement.
● Maintain an orderly classroom environment by implementing Love and Logic.
● Monitor and evaluate students’ participation and progress and communicate that with parents through written report cards, emails, and conversations as needed.
● Participate in faculty meetings and in the overall life and community of the school.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Time Required: Full time, ten months with standard school breaks during the school year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org