Third Grade Teacher
Website Lighthouse Christian Academy
931 Love Point Road, Stevensville, Maryland 21666
The 3rd grade teacher provides classroom instruction to students across a variety of subjects with a strong emphasis on math and language arts, and guides students through the routines, procedures, classes, and tasks of the school day. This position requires an educator who is a mature Christian who loves teaching and shepherding children. He or she should be a person who is personable, organized, and committed to providing a caring and engaging learning environment in which students’ hearts, minds, and souls are cultivated and nurtured.
- Possess a mature Christian faith, displayed in godly conduct and firm in personal convictions.
- Establish and maintain virtuous relationships with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Lead students with clear and kind authority.
- Support and promote the mission and vision of Lighthouse Christian Academy.
- Demonstrate pedagogical and organizational competence.
- Continue learning about the Classical Christian tradition and their own teaching field.
- Plan and implement instruction for students across the school day.
- Build rapport and relationship with students and parents.
- Communicate with parents regarding the progress of the student academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Use effective classroom management skills for implementing lessons, and setting and maintaining clear expectations for behavior, participation, and progress in the class.
- Shepherd students’ hearts and minds by providing Biblical, gospel-filled instruction, correction, and encouragement.
- Maintain an orderly classroom environment by implementing Love and Logic.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ participation and progress and communicate that with parents through written report cards, emails, and conversations as needed.
- Participate in faculty meetings and in the overall life and community of the school.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org