Logic or Rhetoric School Science Instructor
Website Oak Grove Classical Academy
Oak Grove Classical Academy Faculty Vision:
Teachers at Oak Grove Classical Academy are commissioned to nurture and shepherd the souls of our students in Christ with the classical model of education. As lovers of Truth, Beauty and Goodness, our teachers will emulate the picture of being, and becoming, lifelong learners.
Teachers cover a liberal arts curriculum. Our teachers challenge and support students academically while instilling a love in them for what is true, good, and beautiful. Our teachers serve as models, guides, and mentors to help our students reach their God-given capacity. We have high expectations, and we support along that expectation. However, growth isn’t just for the students. Teachers are expected to embrace an ethic of personal growth and professional development. To that end, we equip them with classical training on a regular basis through our Classical Teacher Certification and Development Program.
· Utilize the classical curriculum and pedagogies, while also having the freedom to achieve the objectives in unique ways to the class and to personality of the teacher
· Consistently and justly model and enforce age-appropriate student behaviors and values in their classrooms in accordance with OGCA rules and policies
· Maintain and develop honoring assessments that acknowledge students as whole persons: body, mind, and soul
· Record and communicate regular feedback to the students regarding their progress.
· Depending upon background and experience, teachers will be guided through participation in our Classical Teacher Certification program
· Has received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believes that God’s Word is the ultimate authority and standard for faith and daily living.
· Stands in wholehearted agreement with the Oak Grove Classical Academy Mission, Distinctives, and Statement of Faith.
· Serve as a Christian role model in life, speech, and actions (Ephesians 5:1-4)
· Plays an active role as a member of a Christ-centered church and demonstrates growth and fruit in his/her walk with Christ
· Demonstrates spiritual maturity
Education, Licensing, and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree minimum
· Verifiable Teaching Experience
Flexible Scheduling, Part Time, 2-3 days/week depending on schedule
1-1.5 hour classes
University-Model scheduling with competitive stipend per class section taught.
Compensation aligned with OGCA teacher salary schedule. Inquire within.
· Company Retirement Investment Matching
· Medical Insurance (full time employees)
· Life Insurance (optional)
· Short Term Disability Insurance (optional)
· Tuition Discount for school age children (based on teaching hours)
· Paid Sick/Personal Leave
· All School Holidays
To apply, visit our website (www.oakgroveclassical.com) to download our application and contact our administration at: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com