Student Learning Support Specialist
Website Regents School of Austin
Classical. Christian. Community.
The Student Learning Specialist works closely with the Heads of Schools, classroom teachers, specialists, parents, and outside professionals. They must have strong interpersonal skills and be interested in working in a highly collaborative environment. The Learning Specialist must place a priority on professional learning and research-based practices. We want a professional educator who will bring specialized knowledge and insight to teachers and students.
- Administer testing schedule and oversee part-time proctors for accommodated students
- Provide required documentation to ensure accommodations are granted on standardized tests
- Manage and maintain Learning Initiative information stored in Regents’ Student Information System
- Work collaboratively with teachers and other support staff to understand the individual needs of students with learning differences, and ensure all students are progressing
- Make referrals for diagnostic evaluations, and review and interpret psycho-educational testing results
- Develop strategies to meet the needs of students identified with learning differences and plan for/update/oversee necessary academic accommodations
- Identify and support students with organizational and other academic needs, including referrals to outside tutors and homework coaches
- Coordinate meetings with families and teachers to discuss accommodations, recommendations, and other necessary supports/referrals
- Serve as liaison between the school and families of students with learning differences and/or difficulties
- Help students and parents understand students’ individual strengths and relative weaknesses
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity, and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree is required, Master’s preferred.
- Applicants must also have a strong knowledge base in the area of learning differences
- Ability to interpret test results of IQ, achievement, and learning disability diagnostic tests.
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communicator – both verbal and written
Strong work ethic
Information on our Purpose, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives and Doctrinal Statement
Board members, administration, faculty, coaches and other instructional personnel of Regents School, whether full-time, part-time or volunteer, must believe and abide by the Purpose, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives and Doctrinal Statement, evidenced by their signing a statement of agreement with Article II annually. This document can be found by clicking: Philosophy and Doctrinal Statement. As a supplement, the Regents Board of Directors has adopted two additional statements as clarifying language under Article II. The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy – This was adopted in 2017 by the Board to be clear on our view of the inerrancy of Scripture. Nashville Statement: A Coalition for Biblical Sexuality – This was adopted by the Board in 2019 as clarifying language on our view of biblical sexuality.
Links to documents below:
Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com