Grammar School Teacher
Website Riverwood Classical School
Omnia Pro Christo
Riverwood Classical School seeks a Grammar School teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
1. A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
2. A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
1. daily, full-day (5.5 hrs/day, M-F) teaching at Riverwood Classical School,
a. which will consist of you being present to receive students at least 30 minutes prior to the published start time of each school day and remaining until all students have been picked up from school by someone authorized by the parent or guardian to do so, or your being dismissed for the day by the school’s administrator (the Headmaster or his designee),
b. including responsibility for teaching and supervising various classes of students throughout the school day and for teaching and supervising any additional “pull out” subjects, as assigned to you by the school’s Headmaster or board (the current opening is for lower Grammar School and will involve the majority of lower school subjects.), and
c. including being responsible for preparing and maintaining, in a place readily accessible to all administrators and other teachers, lesson plans and grade sheets, on which are recorded the grades of all students for all assignments and tests given in each class, and
d. including apprising the Headmaster as soon as possible if you will be absent so that a substitute may be arranged or yourself arranging for a substitute approved by the Headmaster.
2. attendance at faculty and staff meetings, individual conferences with the Headmaster or other teachers or administrators, school concerts, parent conferences, and other events held outside of the published school day.
3. participation in training offered by Riverwood Classical, both during the school year and summer.
4. compliance with the current Parent-Student Handbook, as it applies to you as a teacher, and with the current Staff Handbook, all of which rights and duties described by the named handbooks are incorporated herein.
5. maintaining certification with the American Association of Christian Schools, our accrediting body.
6. maintaining background clearance with the State of Alabama’s Department of Education.
7. enrolling all of your children in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade in the school, unless the school is not equipped to serve that child due to special circumstance or need, as determined by agreement between you and the Board.
8. regular prayer and conduct which promotes the welfare, peace, and purity of RCS.
Benefits and Compensation:
Starting salary: $20,000 annually
Tuition remission for students enrolled per section 7 above. Tuition remission is not deducted from the salary. Fees are separate and are not remitted.
For more information, please contact Addison Canevaro, Headmaster, at [email protected] The application process involves completion of an application for employment and an interview with a school committee (the Board or their designee). This interview will involve the candidate giving a sample lesson. Offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check through the Alabama Department of Education.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com