Teacher (choose from: PreK, K, 1, 2, 3, combined 4/5)
Website Rochester Classical Academy
Full-Time Teacher (August 2023 start)
Rochester Classical Academy (RCA) is seeking a teacher for the Lower School (PreK-5th grade) to begin August 2023.
At this stage in the school’s development, teachers sometimes change the grades they teach from year to year. Therefore, this opening is for any of the grades we have in fall 2023. Candidates interested in a specific grade or grades should indicate that in the cover letter.
RCA’s mission is “to cultivate a spirit of inquiry into the truth, goodness, and beauty of God and His creation, so that we engage the world with wisdom and eloquence for Christ.” Our school is heavily informed by The Liberal Arts Tradition by Kevin Clark & Ravi Jain in addition to a few elements from the Charlotte Mason tradition.
Candidates must be willing to teach in a way that is inspiring, genuinely Christian, and within our distinctly classical model. Classroom instruction should guide students in an approach to work characterized by joyful discovery and diligent attention to the learning at hand.
The strongest candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in elementary education or a related field, or from a liberal arts college or university
- A knowledge of Christian classical education
- An ability to relate to young children as both an authority figure and as a mentor
- A sincere desire to contribute to the life and culture of RCA
- A spirit of service and a dedication to discipleship of students
- An ability to interact professionally and cooperatively with parents, teachers, administrators, and other members of the school community
- A demonstrated Christian maturity and involvement in a local church
To read more about RCA and our philosophy of education, please visit our website.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to the Head of School, Daniel David Black ([email protected]).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com