Logic & Rhetoric Teachers (5th-12th) - Part-time
Website Second Baptist School University-Model
Our mission is to equip students to think critically, live biblically and lead courageously to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Second Baptist School University-Model® (SBSUM) is seeking (in an ongoing manner) PART-TIME LOGIC & RHETORIC (5TH-12TH) TEACHERS for all campuses for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Reports to: Dean of Upper School
- Work Calendar: Ten Months
A SBSUM teacher is expected to use classical teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals and affect student learning, to integrate Biblical principles and a Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum in the classroom, and to model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
CLASSICAL CLASSROOM TEACHER JOB SUMMARY.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Passion for learning and commitment to classical instruction.
- Understanding of the classical trivium and progymnasmata.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate classical learning.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests in accordance with long range plans (LRPs).
- Demonstrate a mastery of the subject material assigned.
- Communicate clearly to and work closely with parents to resolve any behavior issues.
- Classically instruct and monitor students’ learning.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and maintain biblical discipline standards in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of SBSUM.
- Teach classes as assigned following the prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled.
- Update all necessary records (lesson plans, LRPs, etc…) accurately and completely as required by school administration.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development to provide appropriate feedback.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students, colleagues and parents.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests and assignments.
- Prepare weekly assignments for satellite classroom time supervised and instructed by parents at home, using this time effectively for drill, review, enrichment, discussion or project work.
- Obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Stay current on the best practices in classical education in order to promote educational excellence.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Comply with all SBSUM, Second Baptist School and Second Baptist Church policies and procedures.
- Attend all required meetings/training: parent conferences, faculty meetings, devotions, school functions and training, as well as other scheduled events.
- Supervise co-curricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to build relationships and promote a culture reflective of the school’s mission, passion and core values.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong track record of excellence in work habits.
- Strong knowledge in specific content.
- A collaborative and creative growth mindset.
- Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
An advanced degree, teacher certification, University-Model or classical school teaching, coaching and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are considered a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org