Dean of Upper School
The Academic Dean is a classroom based, campus level curriculum specialist. As a member of the Academic Team, the Academic Dean assists in achievement of the school’s mission, vision, and values by assisting in the development and implementation of the school’s pedagogy at a campus level. A successful candidate will be rooted in the classroom while understanding the big picture of how each stage of the Trivium influences the other.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively support the mission, vision, and values of Second Baptist School University-Model.
- Provide professional leadership and management of a Classical pedagogy.
- Model and promote best practices in Christian, Classical, University-Model education.
- Act as a liaison between classroom teachers and the academic team/campus leadership.
- Teaching whenever is needed and/or necessary.
- Provide curriculum coaching for teachers.
- Develop long range plans (LRPs) in tandem with the Academic Team.
- Write lesson plan outlines for general use of teachers across all SBSUM campuses.
- Assist campus leadership in making classroom observations.
- Inspect teacher gradebooks.
- Aid the Academic Team and Dean of Campus in meeting with families and crafting diploma plans.
- Lead on pupil progress and tracking.
- Engage in the school appraisal and accreditation process.
- Partner with the Dean of Campus in administering student discipline as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Campus and school leadership.
- A passion for Christian, Classical, University-Model education.
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Member in good standing of Second Baptist Church.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience.
- Bachelor Degree required (Masters preferred).
To apply for this job email your details to NAdair@SecondBaptistSchool.org