SBSUM Blackbaud Database Manager
Website Second Baptist School University-Model
Our mission is to equip students to think critically, live biblically and lead courageously to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Second Baptist School University-Model® (SBSUM) is seeking a full-time BLACKBAUD DATABASE MANAGER for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Reports To: Director of School Operations
- Work Hours: 7:30 AM – 4 PM
- Work Calendar: Eleven Months
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, maintain and support the student information system (SIS) and learning management system (LMS).
- Set up, manage and troubleshoot features within the system in
support of critical educational processes such as class and team pages, course scheduling, attendance and grading.
- Create lists and reports for the purpose of addressing user requests and maximizing system support.
- Create and upload data import files (for calendar events, constituent data, athletic schedules, etc).
- Administer and maintain user permissions and group permissions for the databases.
- Develop, maintain and control the standards for database information and its usage; create and maintain database security, integrity, reliability and availability.
- Develop and maintain written procedures and documentation to support the effective and efficient operation of the school systems.
- Review, recommend, and assist in the development of proposals and implementation phases of applications added to database systems in support of providing students and staff a variety of high quality technical features.
- Organize and conduct training and user meetings in the use and maintenance of database systems for the purpose of disseminating information and maximizing the use of programs.
- Prepare written and visual materials (e.g. procedures, documentation, screencasts, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Respond to inquiries and provide advice and assistance to users for the purpose of assisting in the use of various system functions.
- Work directly with Blackbaud support to troubleshoot issues and ensure accurate processes are being followed.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with all areas of the school and support their needs when related to the system.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with website platforms and management tools.
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to provide clear guidance, instructions or information.
- Skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities and performing complex tasks while managing multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills and personal time management to meet tight deadlines.
- Appreciation, understanding and knowledge of the SBSUM mission, vision and core values.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A communications, marketing or technology-related degree from an accredited institution.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students and families.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to accurately represent the excellence of Second Baptist through a well-maintained website.
An advanced degree, independent school teaching, coaching and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are all considered a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com