Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Job Title*: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Position Type (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Full-time, Non-exempt, 1.0 FTE
Reports to: Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement
Pay Range: $59,000 to $72,000/annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself in something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our Philanthropy and Community Engagement team! This position plays an integral role in the Philanthropy and Community Engagement team by engaging alumni and parents of alumni in various aspects of the school, and in cultivating support for philanthropic endeavors among these constituencies.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool – grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You can support the mission of Bear Creek through partnerships with the families and community who care so much about Bear Creek!
We are seeking an individual who will…
· Oversee The Bear Creek School Alumni and Parents of Alumni programs, seeking to engage alumni in social, academic, athletic, and philanthropic opportunities.
· Be the outgoing and energetic connector and school advocate to alumni and parents of alumni.
· Engage seniors and their parents during the school year: building relationships, and implementing events that encourage them to participate in alumni programs in the future.
Develop Volunteer Alumni Leaders
· Manage Alumni Leadership Committee and Parents of Alumni Leadership Committee including recruitment, engagement, recognition; meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes.
· Receive alumni visitors, tour as needed and create welcoming atmosphere
· Receive all incoming alumni communications and requests
· Work with MarComm department on publications and alumni/parents of alumni webpages to gather and communicate events, class notes, and recognition
· Manage Almabase platform
· Manage Alumni and Parent of Alumni social media accounts
· Seek and create pipeline of stories and alumni photos for future publications
· Create fun atmosphere in all communications that encourages alumni to stay connected
· Implement Alumni Events
· Plan and implement alumni and parents of alumni events
· Actively market and promote all events
· Attend and serve as event coordinator for all events
· Work with PACE Associate to input event attendance into Veracross
Create Alumni Connections and Engagement
· Create avenues for alumni to network with each other for internships and/or job connections
· Create avenues for alumni to interact with current students or serve as Bear Creek volunteers
· Help develop events for alumni “affinity” groups
· Coordinate with PACE staff to encourage alumni and parents of alumni giving to annual fund, auction, scholarships, planned gift, or other philanthropic activities
Senior Class Connection
· Develop relationships with seniors to make a connection that can be sustained during college
· Coordinate with Dean of Student Academic Services to identify and recruit alumni volunteers to serve as “College Connectors”
· Coordinate Capstone Alumni Panel
· Manage 100 Days Until Graduation event
· Share what it means to be an alum, what events and opportunities await them
Manage Alumni Data
· Input new and updated profile information on alumni into the Veracross database
· Update Almabase platform
· Use data to provide communications and events for targeted groups when appropriate
· Profile alumni with college and employment successes for future connections, publications, and donor prospect cultivation
Bear Creek Community
· Understand The Bear Creek School history, culture, and experience
· Be supportive of all aspects of Bear Creek when communicating with the alumni community
· Introduce new staff to alumni program and engage veteran staff to stay connected to alumni and attend events
The successful individual in this position will:
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Take initiative
· Execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
Required Experience and Education.
· Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may substitute for a degree.
· Fluency with social media platforms
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational and self-management skills
· Flexibility and a good sense of humor
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and adapt to changing situations
· Ability to interact comfortably with a wide range of people
· 2-3 years of volunteer management and motivation preferred
· Event planning and promotion experience
· Fundraising experience strongly preferred
· Experience working with a constituent management system preferred
· Experience attending or working in an independent school; being a Bear Creek School alum or parent of alum strongly preferred.
· Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
It’s more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
· Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
· Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
· Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
· Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
· Maintain confidentiality and security of information
· Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
· Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
· Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
· Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org