Lower School Dean of Students
Job Title: Lower School Dean of Students
Position Type: Non-Faculty, Non-exempt, Full-Time 11 mo.
Reports to: Lower School Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/employment
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
The lower school dean of students is responsible for overseeing student life outside the classroom for grades K-4 including events, recess, chapel, and socials and to create a culture that fosters the development of wisdom, compassion, and courage. The dean is responsible to handle student discipline that occurs outside of classroom in collaboration with the division head and in partnership with the parents to help our student body become the individuals God intends. The dean is also, responsible to supervise and oversee our specialists’ teachers and classes.
· Plan and implement student life including chapel, recess, lunch, social events, before and after school activities
· Nurture and develop students to grow in virtue by partnering with parents and collaborating with the division head and teachers in student discipline
· Hire and supervise LS specialists
· Oversee specialists’ professional development, communication, meetings, schedule, and program development
· Assist in the admission process by participating in open houses, assisting with testing, interviewing, and evaluating applicants for enrollment as available
· Partner with Division Head in curricular programming and student life initiatives
· Oversee LS participation in school wide Compassion in Action Projects (Food Drive, Doulos Support, and Strong Against Cancer)
· Hire and supervise substitute teachers
· Attend Weekly division head meetings
· Attend weekly faculty meetings
· Attend some evening events including curriculum night, back to school events and teacher in-services
Critical Performance Competencies
· Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
· Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
· Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
· Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
· Maintain confidentiality and security of information
· Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
· Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
· Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
· Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com