Job Title: Upper School French Teacher
Position Type: Faculty, Non-exempt, Full-time, 10-mo.
Reports to: Upper School Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 2022 for 2022-2023 Academic Year
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Application: Accepted at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
Teaches French using a Christian Classical Education model to implement a highly academic enriched curriculum. Teaches all subjects and approaches daily activities from a Christian Worldview.
Subject Specific Responsibilities
· Teach using the target language, creating a full classroom immersion experience
· Teach by observing native expression and proceed by steps to comprehension
· Present vocabulary and new structures in authentic contexts
· Target listening comprehension. oral production, reading and writing
· Provide opportunity to listen and comprehend native speakers
· Use different media to provide a variety of contacts with native culture
· Prepare weekly lesson plans, available for review by Division Head and Department Chair
· Maintain classroom management conducive to learning
· Actively ensure academic growth in every student by utilizing a variety of instructional techniques
· Inform Division Head and parents of student’s academic or behavioral difficulties, work together as a team to plan and implement success strategies
· Keep accurate attendance records
· Complete progress and grade reports for each student in a timely manner using school guidelines
· Keep accurate and detailed records of each student’s progress to substantiate reports
· Arrange and direct field trips as appropriate
· Participate in collaborative evaluation processes with Division Head and VP for Academic Affairs
· Collaborate with department chair and faculty to develop and coordinate specific plans for implementing school curriculum and policy
· Increase professional knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities
· Attend weekly teachers’ or departmental meetings
· Attend school events outside regular school hours including, but not limited to: ice breakers, curriculum night, new family events, fine & performing arts performances, student socials, open houses, & professional development sessions
· Provide supervision for an advisory group, break periods, or other supervision as necessary
· Participate in and give input on policy and curriculum decisions; staff and faculty selection; end-of-year evaluative discussions
· Request authorization for all expenditures
· Provide Department Chair with list of specific curriculum purchases necessary for upcoming school year
· Dress in a professional manner
· Keep classroom neat and pleasant in appearance
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· A degree in the specific content area and/or a teaching credential preferred
· Experience working with post-elementary students preferred
· Familiarity with classical methodology and Christian Worldview integration preferred
· Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
Critical Performance Competencies
· Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
· Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
· Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
· Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
· Maintain confidentiality and security of information.
· Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
· Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
· Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package and online curriculum tools as needed
· Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
· Ability to lecture, and move freely about the classroom
· Able to make visual and auditory evaluation of student work and performance
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com