The Cambridge School
– Do you love teaching bright and capable students who are eager to learn?
– Would you enjoy teaching literature courses in a Classical and Christian environment, reading foundational authors uncommon to the high school level such as Homer, Dante, C.S. Lewis, Wilde, Milton and others?
– Would you find it fulfilling to collaborate with a stellar faculty, all of whom are committed to robust instruction and character formation?
– Would you benefit from a community of faith and learning that exudes both academic rigor and spiritual depth?
If so, The Cambridge School has a position opening that aligns with your interests. We are looking for a full-time teacher in our Humanities Department who can teach a variety of courses across the curriculum at the middle school and high school levels. We seek someone who is committed to careful readings of historically situated texts and promoting thoughtful, student-driven discussions around primary source material and those great works of literature that explore age-old questions for the enrichment of the soul and the cultivation of wisdom. The ideal candidate will engage students in intentional practices and assessments that showcase familiarity with texts, historical contexts, cultural movements and other rhetorical sensitivities. Ongoing research into relevant topics in order to provide the best material for student learning along with lively pedagogy and the cultivation of healthy student-faculty relationships is a must.
Well-qualified applicants will:
– Agree wholeheartedly with The Cambridge School’s Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith
– Enthusiastically pursue pedagogical excellence and a strong desire to prompt curiosity and wonder in their students.
– Pursue their own personal and professional growth with an emphasis on character development and modeling for students in a context of intentional virtue-cultivation.
– Be committed to developing positive and productive relationships with fellow faculty members and students by regular engagement in community events integral to the development of healthy school culture.
– Have an advanced degree in a relevant academic field and experience in the classroom.
If you could see yourself in an academically robust, collegial, collaborative, and mission-driven educational environment—one that teachers consider as a vocational destination rather than stepping stone—please send a letter of interest and your résumé or curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cambridge School is a classical Christian school that is increasingly recognized as a “gem, the school of choice,” for many San Diego families who are seeking both academic rigor and spiritual vitality. We take liberal arts education seriously, and it is our goal to grow students who are conversant in the historical roots of great ideas across subjects including literature, languages, math, science, logic, and rhetoric. Although young, we are fiscally sound. We are affiliated with SCL and ACCS and provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com